Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Condé Nast’s Cult Design Magazine Domino Is Coming Back As An E-Commerce Store
“CONDÉ NAST’S HIP INTERIOR DESIGN TITLE FOLDED MOST OF ITS PRINT OPERATION IN 2009, BUT THE BRAND IS COMING BACK THIS FALL AS AN E-COMMERCE SITE.”
- The Blurred Lines Of Copyright Law: Robin Thicke v. Marvin Gaye’s Estate
“It is axiomatic that copyright law protects the expression of ideas but not the ideas themselves. Sometimes the distinction between an idea and its expression is clear-cut but at other times the distinction can be obscure. As a result, courts …
- The Best Airlines That Give You Free Extra Leg Room
“Travel is stressful, and sitting in a cramped seat for six hours doesn’t help. Routehappy does some important research to figure out which airlines have the most leg room in their standard coach seats.”
- Death To The Resume? How To Go Paperless And Score Jobs Socially
“WITH, WELL, THE INTERNET, WHO NEEDS A RESUME ANYMORE? HERE’S THE BEST WAY TO CREATE AN ONLINE PRESENCE THAT WILL HAVE EMPLOYERS COMING TO YOU—NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.”
- Why Some Design Projects Go All Wrong
“Clients without pain are clients without motivation to do what it takes on their end to keep projects moving forward.”
- Co.Design: business + innovation + design
A small community outside of Hangzhou re-creates the City of Lights—only without the lights and the people.
- 4 Warning Signs That You Need a Site Redesign
“Undertaking a site redesign can be a long and arduous process, so it is no wonder that many people try to avoid the bother and expense. However, giving your site design a freshening up (or even a complete do-over) every now and then is importa…
- Introducing Adobe Generator for Photoshop CC
“Today we’re announcing the immediate availability of new Photoshop CC features for Creative Cloud members. This update to Photoshop CC (version 14.1) includes an exciting new technology, Adobe Generator, which allows new workflows, especially for web designers, screen designers, and anyone who needs to extract image assets out of a Photoshop document.”
- 4 Ways Slow Design Will Make The Super-Fast World We Live In Better
“SMART PRODUCTS LEARN, RECOGNIZE PATTERNS, AND ANTICIPATE OUR DECISION-MAKING IN ORDER TO SIMPLIFY OUR OVERSTIMULATED LIVES.”
- Five examples of QR code campaigns that actually worked
“QR codes often get slated for being ugly and unpopular with consumers, but they still frequently crop up on ads and billboards so marketers must still see some potential in these little pixelated squares.
- Why Yahoo’s “30 Logos In 30 Days” Campaign Is Actually Brilliant Rebranding
“YAHOO’S NEW LOGO PLAY IS NOT A GIMMICKY MARKETING STUNT, ARGUES THE AUTHOR, BUT A CLEVER, INNOVATIVE, DATA-DRIVEN REBRANDING, UTILIZING A LARGE-SCALE A/B TEST TO FIND THE BEST LOOK POSSIBLE.”