Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Sand + Silly Putty Ingredients = “Kinetic Sand” = The Next Toy on Creatives’ Desks
“Denmark may have the lockdown on Lego, but a neighboring country is also producing something children can use to build things: Sand. No ordinary sand, of course. A company called Delta of Sweden, which manufactures modeling compounds for use in the educational, medical, therapeutic and arts & crafts markets, has an invention called Deltasand. The stuff has been licensed by several toymakers, most notably Colorado-based WABA Fun, who have produced this video demonstrating the product (rebranded “Kinetic Sand”):”
- How To Design A Better Office For Both Introverts And Extroverts
COULD A “PALETTE OF PLACE” GIVE WORKERS CONTROL AND CHOICE OVER WHERE AND HOW THEY WORK? ONE COMPANY GOES DEEP INTO WORK SPACE.
- 10 Lessons For Design-Driven Success
Imagine that the iPhone does not yet exist. Mark Zuckerberg is still enrolled at Harvard. Barack Obama is a hopeful state senator in Illinois. The final episode of Friends has just aired, with 52 million people tuning in. Not a single viewer tw…
- The Ingredients that Make a Great Photographer
“How do we as photographers, manufacturers, advertisers and vendors define a great photographer?”
- Top 10 brand campaigns of 2013 so far
Whether they’re built on an innovative idea or are just great pieces of design in their own right, these campaigns have caught our eye this year.
- A Staggeringly Complex Infographic Of The Civil War, Drawn 116 Years Ago
CONSIDER IT A HUMBLE REMINDER THAT COMPUTERS ARE JUST TOOLS. A RICH HISTORY OF DATA VISUALIZATION LIVED LONG BEFORE BITS AND BYTES.
- How to Use Mind Maps to Unleash Your Brain’s Creativity and Potential
Mind mapping is one of the best ways to capture your thoughts and bring them to life in visual form. Beyond just note-taking, though, mind maps can help you become more creative, remember more, and solve problems more effectively. Whether you’r…
- How Texting Turns Us Into Liars
INFORMATION SYSTEMS PROFESSOR TOM MESNERVY, WHO CO-AUTHORED A NEW STUDY ON COMMUNICATING, SAYS IT’S BECAUSE “PEOPLE CAN EASILY CONCEAL THEIR IDENTITY AND THEIR MESSAGES OFTEN APPEAR CREDIBLE.” THAT’S NO LIE.
- The art of licensing: how to sell your designs to market
Is it possible to earn a living from licensing your designs for use on consumer products? Lisa Hassell chats to industry insiders to find out.
- A day in the life of a 3D artist
Actually no, the life of a freelancer is fraught with the dangers of missed deadlines, angry clients, an ever increasing workload and non payments. So why do it? Why not remove the stress from your working life and go corporate. Let the account…
- Why cards are the future of the web #UX
Cards are fast becoming the best design pattern for mobile devices.
- Just How Many Times Are You Supposed to Touch Prospects During the Sales Process?
In B2B selling, there are conflicting reports about how many times you need to metaphorically touch a prospect before they buy from you, so whether it’s 5, 7 or something else, it’s likely more than just the first or second interaction you have with them.
- The 25 best photo apps for iPhone
There’s more to photo editing on mobile than Instagram. We select the best photo apps for iPhone, iPad and Android.