Real World QuarkXPress
Real World QuarkXPress is the world’s best-selling reference on QuarkXPress. At many design firms and schools it’s considered required reading. With its friendly, easy-to-read style, you’ll learn QuarkXPress from the bottom up as a beginner. If you’ve had some experience with QuarkXPress, this book will help you sharpen your skills with all the new features of version 7. And if you’re an advanced user, all the tips, tricks, and techniques will turn you into a raging, inexorable QuarkXPress demon.
In this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Speed up just about every task with the new Measurements palette
- Apply sophisticated drop shadows to text, images, boxes, and more
- Experiment with transparency and image effects
- Create expert tables with imported Microsoft Excel data and rich formatting
- Collaborate with others using the Shared Content and Composition Zones technologies
- Prevent sticky output problems with color setups, output styles, and Job Jackets
- Automate your projects with new QuarkXPress scripts and third-party XTensions
- For the latest updates, visit the Real World QuarkXPress site: www.peachpit.com/Quark7
About the Authors
David Blatner is an internationally respected author or coauthor of 15 books, including Adobe InDesign CS/C2 Breakthroughs, Adobe Photoshop CS/CS2 Breakthroughs, and Real World Adobe Photoshop CS2. His books have sold more than half a million copies worldwide and consistently win him awards and praise from readers.
Nine authors contributed to the update of this edition. They include: Kelly Anton, Stephen Beals, Pariah Burke, Shellie Hall, Ted LoCascio, Claudia McCue, Patti Schulze, Glen Turpin, and Chuck Weger.