Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
This complete and completely hands-on training course will take your publishing team hands-on with digital publication creation from Adobe InDesign and the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. You will learn to incorporate digital publishing into your existing print publishing workflow, and to deploy and track the adoption of your digital publications on iPad, iPad 2, and other tablet devices. The course will be customized directly and precisely to your needs, your publications, and use your own files and publications to maximize learning and workflow efficiency to reach your digital publishing goals.
What You Will Learn
- What is a “digital publication” or “rich media e-publication” and how can it benefit your publication.
- Converting print publications to digital publications.
- Creating original digital publications in InDesign.
- Preparing imagery, audio, video, and 3-D content for digital publications.
- Placing and controlling the presentation of imagery, audio, video, and 3-D content in InDesign.
- Creating interactive page elements such as photo galleries, slideshows, scrollable text frames, and multi-state objects.
- Proofing digital publications live on iPad and tablets.
- Assembling and publishing digital publications with Adobe Content Bundler.
- Getting digital publications into the App Store.
- Selling and managing in-app purchases and subscriptions.
- Tracking and analyzing digital publication analytics with Adobe/Omniture Site Catalyst.
The following is a list of possible topics for you to use as a guide. Your course will be fully customized to your unique goals, workflow, and learning pace. Because every course we teach is fully customized to each group, the following list of topics to be learned should be considered a guideline, one that will be expanded or altered as required to fit your needs.
Rich Media Publication Foundations
- Layout requirements
- Pages sizes
- Repurposing print publications to digital publications
- Content management considersations unique to iPad/tablet publishing
- Master page best practices
- Paragraph and character style best practices
- Internal and external hyperlinks
- Creating headers and footers
- Using page numbers
- Building a user-friendly page-level navigation system
- Employing text variables
- Creating hot-linked tables of contents, indexes, and coverlines
Adding Audio, Video, and Animation
- Supported formats
- Preparing audio and video
- Embedding and sizing multimedia content
- Advanced multimedia controls
- Creating rollover image galleries and slideshows
- Creating video galleries
- Creating scrollable text areas
- Replacing text content with buttons
- Embedding reader-rotatable 3D content
- Adding server-driven dynamic content
Publishing and Imposition
- Building the two separate layouts required for maximum reader experience
- Combining page versions into a single publication
- Finalizing publications in Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
- Proofing publications in Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
- Deploying publications to the App Store
- Introduction to Adobe Digital Publishing Suite’s integrated Omniture Site Analytics
- Tracking and managing subscribers
- Publishing updates and corrections to digital publications
- Using Adobe’s system to publish periodical issues
- In-app subscription sales