Creative Community Bulletin 04 March 2010 Through 09 March 2010
These are the articles, blogs, and resources I found interesting and worthy of sharing for 04 March 2010 through 09 March 2010:
- Use shortcuts with Illustrator’s Gradient Mesh | Macworld – Successfully working with a gradient mesh is much more involved than just using the Gradient Mesh tool. It involves the Direct Selection tool, the Eyedropper tool, the Lasso tool, and others. Depending on where you click and when, each of these tools can exhibit multiple, sometimes conflicting behaviors. The following short guide gives you a quick reference to common tools and their keyboard shortcuts.
- Paint with Illustrator’s Gradient Mesh – Why use a gradient mesh? Gradient mesh is usually compared to three other color techniques: standard gradients
- FileMaker Pro 11 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 Review | Macworld – A year after the release of the FileMaker 10 database program, version 11 has arrived, with new tools and great new features that make it even easier to use. FileMaker 11 also puts many cool database tricks within the reach of ordinary users. FileMaker 11 may be the best FileMaker ever.
- Tutorial: Using Duotone To Add Art To Your Designs – This tutorial will show how Photohop duotone, tritone and quadtone techniques can be stretched even farther to create designs that look like they came right off the letterpress.
- InDesign Turns 10, Adobe Releases eBook to Commemorate – Page by Page: 10 Years of Designing with Adobe InDesign: Designed to provide an inside look at the company’s stewardship in moving publishing from print to digital solutions, the 10th anniversary book examines the role of InDesign and the InDesign Family in transforming the layout and editorial workflow at agencies, corporate publishers and traditional publishers worldwide. The book also details the evolution of InDesign from its public debut in 1999 to today and includes sample work created by designers for publications such as Marie Claire, publishers like Condé Nast, and cutting edge design agencies such as Modern Dog and Mucca Design.
- PDF Reader Pro features in Top Five iPhone apps – IT PRO’s Friday Five rundown has identified PDF Reader Pro as one of the Top Five paid applications used on iPhone. The key features of PDF Reader Pro are that it not only allows users to view and upload document but also provides the document management capabilities. It allows the synchronisation over WiFi, can read password protected files and help in bookmarking.
- How to Run MS Word 2003 AND MS Word 2007 (Without Annoying Dialogs) – The fix to the problem is very simple as it turns out – simply run the following commands (by pressing the Windows Key R or typing it into the Start/Run command box. Use the line with Office11.0 if you have Office 2003 installed and Office12.0 if you have Office 2007 installed. You can use both if you have both installed :
- Scaling WordPress MU with multiple databases — Workflow: WordPress –
- Stunning and Soothing Ice Photography | Great Wallpapers and Inspiration – As you look through these, Relax, Breathe, Forget your stresses of the day. Just focus on Inspiration, Maybe crank some soothing music, and once you are done, Let the design juices flow and create something nice
- Secret Apple and Adobe Conspiracy to Ensure Success of the Flash Platform? – So after seeing this all come together I have to assume that this was a marketing move that was designed by Steve Jobs himself. Because the sure success of this endeavor could only have been put together by the mastermind that is responsible for Apples recovery in the world. There is no way that by accident, Apple could have caused the proliferation of the Flash Platform to every other device on the market and there by ensuring its continued dominance and the success of the Platform.