Creative Community Bulletin 08 April 2011 Through 16 April 2011
These are the articles, blogs, and resources I found interesting and worthy of sharing for 08 April 2011 through 16 April 2011:
- How to run Android Apps and Games on your Windows PC | The Windows Club – Ever wished you could run some Android App or Game on your Windows PC? A soon to be publicly launched app will bring the Android operating system to Windows-based computers via a virtualization layer. Enter BlueStacks!
- Flock, the Social Browser, Shuts Down 26 April – Support for Flock browsers will be discontinued as of April 26th, 2011. We would like to thank our loyal users around the world for their support, and we encourage the Flock community to migrate in the coming weeks to one of the recommended web browsers listed below.
- Want To Know Your Co-Workers’ Salaries? – Meet SalaryShare, a simple salary comparison service that lets you anonymously pool salaries with your co-workers, friends, people on Twitter or anyone you feel competitive with really. Create a pool, send the link to four people who will disclose their salaries and the site will reveal the salary span, without revealing who makes what.
- 3D Artworks That Create Unbelievable Optical Illusion On Street | Free and Useful Online Resources for Designers and Developers – If you are searching for some great 3D street paintings, you come at right place because in this post we are showcasing some awesome paintings which demonstrate the 3D street art. We have carefully selected these paintings and are very much sure that you will like this assortment, and the credit of which must be given to their creator who have been practicing outstandingly.
- Eau, water picture! Artist Markus Reugels makes a splash with his amazing portfolio of liquid droplets | Mail Online – They could almost be mistaken for images taken in the far-reaches of outer space, or an ultra-magnified snapshot of microscopic organisms.
However look again, for these incredible pictures are the work of artist Markus Reugels who has turned to one of the most abundant resources on the planet to create these strange and beautiful portraits – water.
The 33-year-old German artist combined water droplets with food colouring and creative lighting to make these vibrant images, which were only able to be captured with high-speed camera equipment.
- 50 reasons not to date a graphic designer « a bourbon for silvia – This is by no means a warning to AttentionWhore, or maybe this is – but after 8 months it may be too late, so…
(in bold my most representatives)
- Superpowers Mega Chart: They Are ALL Here | Bit Rebels – Pop Chart Lab put together one of the most intricate and detailed infographics I have ever seen. The sheer time it must have taken to put this together is just mind boggling. The result; however, would make a perfect waiting room poster. Once you start looking at it, you can’t really stop. It’s one of those posters where you just get sucked in and instantly get addicted to its awesomeness and ultimately useless information.
- Put Down Your Crayons | ideasonideas – Sadly, a great many designers don’t feel like doing this kind of work. Instead, they want to be artists who only explore visually. I don’t blame them, but I do believe this bias leaves them missing out. This sort of tunnel vision can unnecessarily limit one from taking on the really interesting parts of the work.
While I’m as excited as anyone else about novel visual approaches and design details, the part that really blows my hair back is the “big idea.” I love how arriving at one of these establishes a platform for what we’re doing for a client. I also appreciate how this kind of approach to problem solving positions our agency as a group of thinkers, instead of just a bunch of visual stylists.
- Download – 3.0 Browser – Maxthon International – The only browser designed for the whole web. Dual
display engines (powered by Trident and Webkit) and
website sing — fast.
- Superhero Type to the Rescue! | CreativePro.com – It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's an alphabet!
Fabian Gonzalez has created a witty alphabet in which each letter represents a superhero; for example:
- – Terrierman’s Daily Dose – – in 2008 PETA killed 95.8 percent of the dogs, cats and other pets put into its care last year