Creative Community Bulletin 18 October 2010 Through 02 November 2010
These are the articles, blogs, and resources I found interesting and worthy of sharing for 18 October 2010 through 02 November 2010:
- Christopher Nolan takes flight with Superman: ‘We have a fantastic story’ [UPDATED] | Hero Complex – Los Angeles Times – Nolan, who is now viewed as the Hitchcock of superhero cinema after his two Batman films, would be the “godfather” for a reboot of the Man of Steel, acting as producer and mentor to an as-yet-unnamed-director who will be making a movie based on a story by Nolan and frequent collaborator David S. Goyer.
- Next Batman Movie To Be Called ‘The Dark Knight Rises,’ Fans Upset At Riddler Snub – Batman fans reacted with anger on Thursday upon learning that director Christopher Nolan has ruled out using The Riddler in the upcoming movie The Dark Knight Rises. The movie, the third Batman under Nolan and currently scheduled to be released on July 20, 2012, will instead “introduce some new [characters]” as well as use some of the existing ones.
- Museum Lets You Play Just About Every Video Game Ever – Technology Review – MuseoGames is as comprehensive a history of home video game consoles as any museum has ever created. Visitors to Paris's Museum of Arts and Trades are treated to a collection of video games so extensive that all but the most hardcore gamer would be hard-pressed to identify them all. They stretch from the birth of Pong in the 1970s through the heyday of console gaming and end with the PS2.
- This Saturday, Make a Zombie Live with Scott Valentine – Join mad scientist Scott Valentine as he shows you how he creates zombies.
RetouchPRO LIVE "Zombie" with Scott Valentine
- 12 Coolest Steampunk Gadgets – Steampunk Copper USB Drive
This fun steampunk USB drive is handcrafted using some vintage watch gearing, copper and a few other brass parts, it comes with 2GB of storage, and even features some copper piping along the side with some brass bolts on the end. If you want one of these cool Steampunk Copper USB drives you had better be quick as there is only one available from Qacreate, priced at $50. (Link)
- Geek Car Designs | #StarWars – geek cars07
- English Russia » Russian Sand Sculptures – The organizers didn’t realize that Moscow is not the best place to held such an event because of unstable spring climate. Usually those contests are being conducted in the regions where the rains are not so often, but in this place and this time of the years rains just can go daily, so it’s big pity they didn’t last long.
- Say goodbye to traditional free checking – Yahoo! Finance – Bank of America, which does business with half the households in America, announced a dramatic shift Tuesday in how it does business with customers. One key change: Free checking, a mainstay of American banking in recent years, will be nearly unheard of.
- Listen To Steve Jobs Rip Into Android And The Upcoming Tablet Competition [Audio] – Clearly the most interesting part of Apple’s Q4 earnings call today was a surprise visit by CEO Steve Jobs. Just prior to the Q&A portion of the call, Jobs went into a 5-minute rant about the state of both the smartphone and tablet markets. Notably, he went directly after Google and their “open system” and he laughed off the idea that the iPad will have any real competition. We already have a post on why Jobs thinks “open systems don’t always win“, but below, find the full audio as well, as captured by SAI.
- The #acrobat Daily –
- New Free Twitter Background Templates for #Photoshop & #Illustrator – The New Twitter interface might make your Old Twitter background image branding impossible to view. Use these free Photoshop and Illustrator templates to build your new background specifically for the New Twitter.