Creative Community Bulletin 21 May 2011 Through 24 May 2011
These are the articles, blogs, and resources I found interesting and worthy of sharing for 21 May 2011 through 24 May 2011:
- Apple causes ‘religious’ reaction in brains of fans, say neuroscientists - In a recently screened BBC documentary, UK neuroscientists suggested that the brains of Apple devotees are stimulated by Apple imagery in the same way that the brains of religious people are stimulated by religious imagery.
- The Lust List: Goods to Get You Going | CreativePro.com - Summer is a-coming. To keep your creativity humming, check out this new crop of inspired items for graphic designers and photographers.
- CleanHaven Text Cleaner and Fixer - CleanHaven is a program designed to make the cleaning of text much easier. The cleaned text can be reset as the main text with additional cleaning performed. Once finished the cleaned text is available from the global cleaned text window. You may want CleanHaven to make changes to thousands of lines of contact details before importing into CRMHaven. For example you can turn all company names to Sentence Case, all UK postcodes to Uppercase or remove any trailing spaces, tabs or punctuation. Copy a column of data from Excel, clean it, then paste it back into Excel.
- Geek Art: Muppet X-Men - News - GeekTyrant - Today’s awesome Geek Art comes from Deviant Art artist Rahzzah. The piece is called X-Muppets, and gives us a great mash-up of the Muppets and X-Men. I love how cool these Muppets look all X-Mened out. What do you think think?
- Unused SUPERMAN Designs for Bryan Singer’s SUPERMAN RETURNS and J.J. Abrams’ SUPERMAN FLYBY - News - GeekTyrant - Costume designer and special effects artist Steve Johnson has released some more unused costume concept art created for Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns and J.J. Abrams reinvention of the man of steel Superman FlyBy, which was about a war between Kryptonians. At one point Singer was entertaining the idea of using Doomsday in his film. It never happened but there is some concept art of the villain as well.
- Comic Book Characters get a Simpsons style Makeover - News - GeekTyrant - Here’s an awesome collection of Simpsonized comic book superheroes for you to check out! The characters designs come from a pretty awesome little website called Springfield Punx, and you should definitely check it out because it full of a ton of other simpsonized characters.
- CDC Advises How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse (Yes it’s REALLY from the CDC!) - There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.
- Oh No They Didn’t! - Plans for Thor 2 - Our source tells us that while the Thor 2 project is still in very early stages and they don’t expect to start actually writing the script until the end of the year, internally producers are kicking around possible villains. In contention to face off against Thor are two characters named The Enchantress and The Executioner.
- Finggers - Finggers is a social network designed to help people to find the coolest apps available on App Store and Android Market. We believe the best way to accomplish that is the social way. So, jump on, share your favorite apps and get to know what your friends like.
- Twitter Scheduling Service Offers After-You-Die Haunting Tweets (creepy) - From the dead:
Got a terminal illness? Schedule monthly or yearly posts while you are still on this earth to bless (or haunt) the living after you are gone.