Creative Community Bulletin 23 December 2013
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- A Muse Competitor Built Specifically for WordPress? PageLines DMS“PageLines DMS will help you build custom marketing websites that do wonders.
It comes packed with features for SEO, social media, typography, color control and more.”
- 30 Awesome Website Designs Based on Large PhotographsIt provides a pleasant visual experience to the eyes and eye catching photography has an impact that is hard to match. We should not forget the scientific fact that our brain processes images 60,000 times faster than reading text.
- Mobile Websites: What’s the Hype All About?“There are many substantial advantages in using a mobile website, both from an individual and a business standpoint. Here are some of them:”
- 3 Cheers! Europe Passes Deal to Enforce Standard Mobile Phone Charger
“While this is only a first step, it’s certainly a positive one. Mobile phone chargers have been a problem for years, as companies insist on using their own ports and solutions for their respective devices. I’ve lost track of the number of times someone has asked me for a niche charger that would fit an older handset.”
- Dealing with Negative Comments on Your Facebook Brand Page
“People like having a soapbox from which they can tout both negativities and excitements. They also like getting involved in a highly popular event from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Almost everyone likes being able to connect one-on-one, even with strangers, as long as the connection is not face-to-face. Something about being behind a computer screen gives us all levels of social boldness we otherwise wouldn’t have.
- iTunes Best of 2013 Includes 3 Digital Magazines Created with Aquafadas Digital Publishing System
“Created using the Aquafadas InDesign plugin, all 3 magazines provide users with an excellent reading experience. Beautifully designed to engage readers via a range of interactive features such as web links, videos and Guided Reading, they all demonstrate the power of digital publishing through Aquafadas solutions. Congratulations once again to all!”
- News Corp Wants the Rights to Your Viral Videos, Acquires Storyful“The media giant announced on Friday that it had acquired Storyful, a media startup that finds and verifies content posted to social media. Billing itself as “the world’s first social news agency,” Storyful launched in 2010 and is based in Dubl…
- Heart-Warming Read: NORAD Tracks Santa’s Path on Christmas Eve Because of a Typo
“The tradition has evolved, slightly, since then. In 1958, when NORAD was formed, it continued to offer a “Santa tracking” service to anyone who called in—especially on December 24. And the tracking continues. The people who answer the calls now include “countless numbers of Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps personnel,” Van Keuren notes. As of 2009, those volunteers were handling more than 12,000 e-mails and more than 70,000 telephone calls from more than 200 countries and territories. In 2011, Michelle Obama answered calls on behalf of the North Pole NORAD.”
- Can Beautiful Design Make Your Resume Stand Out?The key is to keep these important data points clear. Loft Resumes recommends a hierarchy that presents information in a way that is easy to find and digest. Its service relies on graphic design principles, and clients can select from various f…
- Flat Design VS. Skeuomorphism [Infographic]
“It’s easy to get wrapped up in a trend and choose the option you think is most popular. But do you really know the drawbacks as well as the benefits of flat design? How about skeuomorphism?
We’ve put together this fun infographic to help you work out the best option for your project.”