Creative Community Bulletin 27 January 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- The BBC’s Social Media Problem With Sherlock
“Why the BBC and other content creators have a financial incentive to sync digital media watching with social media conversations.
- Why the expressive typography guru avoids Helvetica
“Alan Peckolick explains why he believes designers should stop letting the same old fonts do the talking.
- The Definition of Beauty is Changing for the Better — 82% of Women Think Social Media Drives It
“Beauty that was once idolized in glossy magazines of celebrities and models is now having less of an impact on youth, thanks to social platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, according to the study, which was conducted among 1,000 women betw…
- How to Bind a Book: a 10-Step Guide #InDesign
“Karen Lewis explains how to bind a book using some cost-effective binding and stitching techniques.
Software: InDesign CS3 or later
Skills: Create page templates in InDesign, Perfect your binding and stitching techniques
Download the support …
- A More Modern Scale for Web Typography
“In RWD, the proportions and rhythm of your body, headers & measure deserve as much attention as margins, floats & media queries. Jason Pamental of H+W Design explains why, plus throws in a scale you can use and a live demo.”
- Models wear nothing but light for photography series
“This photography series from Atton Conrad uses light art and a few clever tricks to cover up his models.