Creative Community Bulletin 30 January 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- 60+ Free Mini Icon Sets for Designers
“The demand for good icons are too much in these days and finding the best icon sets is not that easy. Being a successful creative web artist has a lot to do with the way you work. Sure, you can’t teach good design in some lessons or you can’t create icons for your daily needs, but it never hurts to pick a few free icons which are always available free to grub.
- 5 Of The Best And Worst Social Networking Trends For 2014“More than 70% of online adults are Facebook users, but the popular social network is facing some slivers of competition as new digital destinations entice users. In 2013 we saw the rise of visual social media, with services such as Instagram a…
- Simplifying the UX of Your Sales-Driven Website to Increase Conversions“If you have a sales-driven website, your customer should be your number one priority. And making sure that the customer understands your website and can easily make a purchase is definitely your number one goal. From doing A/B testing to analy…
- Pearlfisher New York Designs New Identity for The Dieline“The Dieline has unveiled its new new branding and identity, designed by Pearlfisher New York. The logo consists of The Dieline wordmark in black accompanied by one of multiple different package icons in Dieline blue.”
- Are There Too Many Social Networks?“There’s a social network for everything these days, but do we really need so many options?”
- The Science Behind Online Fonts (and how they make you feel)
“Websites like Medium, Signal vs. Noise, and Zen Habits are like yoga studios for content. Their presentation of content puts me at peace while reading, allowing me to fully focus on the stories without distraction.
Just look at the difference between Medium and Cracked:”
- Powerful Portraits of Brave People Revealing Their Insecurities
“The What I Be Project by photographer Steve Rosenfield is an intriguing study into the human condition. The participants in Steve’s projects bare their souls writing their biggest insecurities on their bodies with markers and then letting Steve photograph them. Their messages tell of fears, self-doubts, and labels for society that stop most of us from living happier lives, but it also shows us the amazing bravery of the participants to share their innermost fears with the world. How many of us have the bravery to admit we were molested, feel ugly, think we are too thin or too fat, and to do it in such a daring public way?”
- 50 Years of Cuban Film Posters“The Danish Film Institute has posted their collection of Cuban Film Posters from the past 50 years or more on Flickr. Among them are some fine examples of the unique poster art of Niko, Dimas and Bachs.”
- 4 Typography Trends for 2014
“Web design trends change from year to year – and thus, so do the trends in the components that make them up. One of the most important components of web design is typography, and 2014 is going to bring some new, exciting and interesting trends in the way we see fonts across the web. Want to know more about typography trends in the upcoming year? Then check out the list below.”
- Cool Things to Do with All Your Free Cloud Storage SpaceSeparate work and home files or active projects and general files, sync your music and videos to your mobile devices, keep preferences and settings in sync across multiples computers, do the same for games, and much more. Check out these great …