Creative Community Bulletin 5 September 2013
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Before & After: Whitley Neil Gin Package Design
“The new packaging reflects the quality of Whitley Neill’s super-premium liquid that has won a series of industry awards. Inspired by the brands African heritage, the new design fuses a matt black bottle with contemporary labelling to convey the product’s hand crafted excellence. Whitley Neill’s story of discovery is weaved through the design, detailing the specially selected African botanicals that make up this vibrant and contemporary gin.”
- HOW’s Top 10 Best Websites for Designers for September
“Are you looking for design inspiration? Check out this month’s Top 10 Websites for designers, assembled by HOW’s art director. You’ll notice a vintage theme with graphic design work from the 1960s featured on Grain Edit and letterheads1960s. Typography also shows well here through the curated images on Type Hunting and the webfonts by Hoefler & Frere-Jones.”
- Adobe Debuts Photoshop Photography Program: $9.99 Month for #Photoshop CC, #Lightroom, #Behance, 20GB
“Beginning today, customers who own Photoshop CS3 or higher are eligible for a special Creative Cloud membership offer that includes all of the following for just $9.99/month:”
- 10 Creative & Unique Guitar Designs #Guitar #GuitarGod“Jam with your fans and friends with these fully functional, awesome looking and trendy guitars, and you will automatically gain the limelight in the crowd. Post us your views on this collection as well as the ones among these which you liked m…
- Misery Land: 30 Pop Culture Icons Twisted by Illustrator Dave Macdowell
“From Bambi Fight Club through cocaine, Burger King, Kill Bill, Obama, Hello Kitty, the Lord of the Rings, and The Big Lebowski, let satirical creations by Dave Macdowell blow your mind!”
- US Magazines See Digital Growth Even as Newsstand Sales Decline“Looking at individual titles within the category, Cosmopolitan posted a decline of 23.9% in newsstand sales, Glamour fell by 28.8% while Oprah Magazine dropped 22.7%.
But more positively for Cosmopolitan and Oprah Magazine, their digital subs…
- The Tech-Savvy Artist [Infographic]“Aside from the creative skills, artists of this generation must be equipped with the right tools of the trade. The advancements in technology today plays an important part in shaping creative ideas and sending these ideas across various platfo…
- Burnt Out? Ilise Benun Gives Her Advise for Getting Back Your ‘Startup Passion’“What’s your best advice for getting your “startup passion” back, so that your marketing is effective?”
- 5 Stories Behind User Interface Design #UI #UX
“As important as user interface design is to the industry, not every designer is well-versed in UI. So whether you’re experienced in user interface or you specialize in another area of design, we’ve compiled five unique user interfaces (UI) and the stories behind them for a sneak peak into this wild world.”
- Charles Bukowski: Don’t Waste Your Life
“Author Charles Bukowski in a letter to a friend about finally “breaking free” of his job and being able to write:”
- Kickstarter for New Sketchbooks & Notebooks for Thinkers
“There isn’t a sketchbook or notebook out there that we feel truly understands how those of us use them on a daily basis. After a lot of searching over nearly two decades we decided to make the book that we want to use. We’ve created many prototypes and are ready to place our first order for manufacturing—and that’s where we need your help. Without a significant amount of orders the manufacturers cannot make any books at all.
We’re a small group of thinkers (designers, illustrators, writers, entrepreneurs and the like) that love to sit down with a notebook or sketchbook and give birth to interesting thoughts and ideas. While today’s digital age is fantastic—we love technology—we’ve found that our best work always starts on paper.”