Design Business Links 28 April 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Wikipedia Redesign Concept by George Kvasnikov
“Wikipedia is one of the most visited websites in the world. It hasn’t been changed or redefined during the last 10 years. The web and its technologies has developed further and so his users.”
- New ways to take Adobe Illustrator CC artwork to any screen by Terry White“Terry White does a HOW DesignCast on using Adobe Illustrator CC to create graphics for web, mobile and print design. Learn how to create CSS from Illustrator, use Symbols to streamline your workflow and NEW features introduced in Illustrator C…
- Why People Believe Weird Things and 8 Ways to Change Their Minds
“Correcting misinformation is cognitively indistinguishable from misinforming people to replace their preexisting correct beliefs. It follows that it is important for the general public to have a basic understanding of misinformation effects… Widespread awareness of the fact that people may “throw mud” because they know it will “stick”…will contribute to a well-informed populace.”
- Best handwriting note apps for iPad: Notability, Penultimate, Noteshelf, and more!“The iPad paired with a stylus can make a great not-taking alternative to traditional pen and paper. From writing out math problems to scribbling down ideas to taking notes, sometimes handwriting is just so much more natural and efficient than …
- So What’s the Big Deal with Horizontal & Vertical Bezier Handles Anyway? #Illustrator
“Have you ever seen Illustrator progress shots from your favourite designers and wondered how and why their bezier handles are so obsessively arranged? We’re hoping to shed a little light on this seemingly unnecessary process. Note: this tutorial assumes a solid grasp of Illustrator & the pen tool.”
- Letter to a Junior Designer from a Veteran Designer
But for now, I can cling to my sole advantage, the one thing that makes me more valuable: I get results. I can put a dent in cast-iron CEO arguments. I can spot risks and complications months in advance. In the wager that is design, I usually bet on the right color. People trust me with their stake.
So, if you’ll humor me, maybe I can offer a few suggestions to speed you toward the inevitable.
- The Future of Facebook May Not Say ‘Facebook’. Zuck Talks About ‘Unbundling’ Facebook
““What we’re doing with Creative Labs is basically unbundling the big blue app,” Mr. Zuckerberg said in a recent interview at the firm’s headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif.”