Design Business Links 31 March 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- To Startup or Not to Startup: The New Youth Question
“There’s a deep divide in the tech industry these days. New startups boast the “startup lifestyle,” often have an average age of around 25, and promote fun perks (like kegs in the office) over ones like paternity leave. They tend to work on more “exciting” things. On the other hand are the well-grooved behemoths; the Microsofts of the industry. They promote long-term employees, and forsake some of the more novel things startups promote (like all-night hackathons) for shorter work hours and a life outside the office, but move projects at a slower pace. However, they also work on long-term effect things (new technologies, hardware, software, etc.), while many startups rise and fall with no real sustaining reverberation.
- 10 Life-Enhancing Things You Can Do in 10 Minutes or Less
“It usually takes us much longer to change our moods than we’d like it to take. Here are ten things you can do in ten minutes or less that will have a positive emotional effect on you and those you love.”
- Pew’s state of the media report: In search of a sustainable digital business model
““Even as challenges of the past several years continue and new ones emerge, the activities this year have created a new sense of optimism – or perhaps hope – for the future of American journalism,” Amy Mitchell, Pew’s director of journalism research, states in the report’s overview.”
- 250 Beautiful and Creative Packaging Designs For Inspiration“I have rounded up 250+ Inspirational Packaging Designs to inspire you for your next next design project or just for some new creative ideas. Some of them are still concepts, but they are so special and attractive. I hope I can find them on mar…
- How to Make Your Life Better by Sending Five Simple Emails | TIME.com“You can make strides in 5 fundamental areas by just sending 5 emails.”
- Nest Folders Inside of Folders In iOS 7.1“One of the fun tricks in iOS 7 was the ability to nest folders inside of other folders so you could hide away the apps you don’t really use. iOS 7.1 broke that technique, but YouTube user Videosdebarraquito shows off how to do it.”
- 9 Useful In-Built Mac OS X Utilities You’ve Probably Never Used
“While you’re not forced to become familiar with them, there are a handful of useful utilities included with Mac OS X found in the Applications folder, under Utilities.
- How important is client-focused design? 17 creative pros decide“Top designers discuss how important is it to you to keep your clients happy.”