Design Business Links 5 May 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- 22 things creative people do differentlyHere we go, with the 22 things creative people do differently than the rest.
- 8 Tips for Looking your BEST in EVERY Shot: A Photographer’s Secrets to Posing like a Pro
“Few of us actually like getting our pictures taken. We feel awkward and uncomfortable. How should I stand? Where do I put my hands? What do you want me to do? As a professional photographer, these are questions I am often asked. As business owners and in this era of social media, it is important to have flattering images of ourselves. We do business with those we know, like and trust. The images we put out there is often the first impression we make to our clients. Here are my eight tips to help you look and feel your best in your photographs.”
- Warning: Anyone Can Recover Deleted Files From Your USB Drives and External SSDs
“But this only applies to internal drives — USB flash drives and external solid-state drives are vulnerable to file-recovery attacks.”
- 7 IFTTT Recipes You Should Set Up For Easy Collaboration With Others
“When you are collaborating with a group of people, IFTTT offers even more opportunities to automate and simplify the process of working with others. The following are 7 useful recipes for any task or project you’re managing that involves a group of people.”
- How to Reclaim Dropbox Storage Space” In this guide, I will show you some of my tips for reclaiming storage space on Dropbox without having to lose an arm and a leg.”
- Same-Sex Spouses Can Amend Past Tax Returns for a Bigger Refund
“This year, married same-sex couples can file their taxes jointly, possibly saving money. What you may not realize is that you can also amend your taxes from past years—and TurboTax has a calculator that tells you how much you’ll get back.”
- Typekit desktop fonts now available with free plans“In putting together our initial collection of free desktop fonts, we wanted to offer a useful selection of typefaces that we feel look good and perform well in a variety of contexts. Here are a few of our favorites: