Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 11 October 2017
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Freelancers’ Questions: Is an estimate the same as a quote?Freelancer’s Question: I normally give a price estimate to clients interested in the supply of my freelance services, but a new customer has insisted that I send them a quote. Is there much difference between an estimate and a quote? I really would like to stick with estimates, not least because I’m unsure how long the project will take me to complete.
- Complacency: The Silent Business Killer
- How to Protect Your Information Online – The New York Times
- (5) DOUBLE EXPOSURE Effect Photoshop Tutorial – EASY Double Exposure in Photoshop – YouTube
- How Much Should You Charge Graphic Design Clients?One of the biggest questions graphic designers have is how much to charge their clients for their services. How do you charge for graphic design work? How do you determine your pricing? There are several things that you should consider when determining what you’re going to charge your graphic design clients.
- To be true to one’s self means changing to become that self | Aeon Essays
- Is the Customer Always Right? Knowing When to Adjust Your Client Relationships
- WeWork For Chefs: How One Coworking Incubator Fuels Food Innovation | The future of business
- Do Work You Crave: 3 Tips for Remote Workers – Workfrom
- (5) The DIFFERENCE Between Vibrance and Saturation in Photoshop – COLOR ENHANCING Photoshop Tutorial – YouTube
- The Business Consulting Industry Is Booming, and It’s About to Be Disrupted
- What to Avoid on Social Media While Looking for a Job
- The Dying Business of Picking Stocks – WSJ
- (5) 5 MUST-KNOW Photoshop Retouching Tips and Tricks for Photographers – Photoshop Tutorial – YouTube
- How to Raise an American Adult – WSJ
- 35 Design Jokes That Will Make You Laugh
- Driven to despair — the hidden costs of the gig economy
- The Big Guide To Printing From Your iPhone or iPadWirelessly printing photos and documents straight from your iPhone and iPad can be as easy as sending someone a text message, using one of several built-in and third-party options.
Though paperless reading and sharing of documents is easy and affordable these days, there are occasions when we all still need to use print documents and photos on paper. Apple’s printing technology AirPrint and a few handy third-party apps and cloud services support a wide range of printing options whatever you’re working on.
Here’s how to print from your iPhone or iPad to just about any printer.