Today in Design – Top Articles RoundUp 13 October 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Responsive vs. Fluid Design: Do You Have to Choose?And if so, which one should you pick? Settling the responsive vs. fluid design debate.
- Making the Leap Into Freelance Copy EditingFreelance copy editors offer advice on how to break into freelancing: Stay flexible, network like crazy and realize everyone needs a good copy editor.Tags: Writing AmWriting
- Is There a Future for Peer-to-Peer Content Distribution?
Let’s fast-forward to the day when we’ve all become peer-to-peer content distributors. Rather than relying on centrally-managed and hosted sites and services that handle everything from reviews to downloads, this peer-to-peer model means we’re doing all that for each other using Bluetooth or some other simple networking protocols. For example, your phone or computer can easily be turned into a wi-fi server, allowing you to connect multiple devices to it; that’s a capability that exists today and I’m suggesting it could be extended for new uses in the future.
- It’s all about the experience: Customers today expect brands to get personalSponsored Experience marketing is now connecting the dots between all channels so brands can and deliver on customers’ real preferences and expectations.
Will they embrace holistic experience marketing — and in doing so, be able to deliver the personalized journey their consumer demands? Or will they settle for less?
- Evapolar Is A Mini Climate Control System For Your DeskOffice workers enjoy many amenities. They have clean bathrooms, water, and access to a microwave. But what they don’t have control over is their climate. In..
- And in the WTF Dept: BuzzFeed To Produce Native Political AdvertisingAs election season ramps up, BuzzFeed will begin creating and hosting video ads for politicians and political causes.
- Does sleep-learning really work?New evidence suggests that we can learn while we sleep, but do we really want to put our hours of rest to work?
- 5 Designers and Mistakes to AvoidOn the basis of various tales about designers from hell that we heard over the time, here are a five types to look out for.
- The Worst Portfolio Ever
- How to Be Featured in Google Quick Answers ResultsGoogle quick answers are being featured at the top of their search results pages—here’s how to nail that prime spot.
- The BEST Business Model for Consultants
- 91 Free Twitter Tools and Apps That Do Pretty Much EverythingOver 90 free Twitter tools and apps to help with analytics, scheduling, discovering, unfollowing, and anything else you may need.Tags: Twitter
- Thoughts on Becoming a WriterDo you want to be a writer? Are you in the process of becoming a writer? Maybe you’re already a writer!Tags: Writing AmWriting selfpub epub
- Tap the depths of design psychology with Gestalt theory
- Delivering Offline Content on Mobile is a Game ChangerThe availability of content offline and the value it provides has become a top priority for organizations.Tags: DPS emag digimag
- Photoshop Tutorial Video: Unsampling vs. real pixelsLearn how upsampling has improved recently in Photoshop. You’ll also see how it compares to capturing high resolution data with your scanner or digital camera…Tags: Photoshop