Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 19 March 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 11 Elements of Highly Effective Event WebsitesAre you missing any of these cha-ching worthy event website elements? Publishers aren’t strangers to events. B2B publishers often get more involved in audiTags: Events Promotion Conference
- 15 Types of Facebook Apps to Enhance Your Facebook Page
Want to do more with your Facebook page?
Have you considered using Facebook apps?
Facebook apps let you customize your Facebook page in many ways.
In this article I’ll share 15 ways Facebook apps can enhance and customize your Facebook page.
- Why Your Finger Will Never Replace a Pen: Refuting Satya NadellaSatya Nadella, the CEO of Microsoft, was asked by ABC News what he expects to be obsolete technology in ten years. As the commander of the technology juggernaut, he ought to know. His quick answer was the fountain pen.
This is all to say that, no, fountain pens are not the pinnacle of writing technology, but that, yes, it seems to be a technology that is certainly not yet ready to die. Whether it’s for the beauty of the pen or the words that flow from it, for the nostalgia or the prestige, the fountain pen has a permanent home in the hearts and desks of millions around the world.
- 25% of the people have a 4th cone and see colors as they areThe color nuances we see depend on the number and distribution of cones (=color receptors) in our eye. You can check this rainbow: how many color nuances do you count?Tags: Design Color
- Interview with Russell Brown – Sr. Creative Director at AdobeMy current title is Principal Designer, but I prefer Sr. Creative Director. My job is to help promote Adobe through presentations, special events…Tags: Photoshop Photoshop25
- Classic Mac Icons and Sketches Archive Bought By Museum of Modern Art in New YorkSusan Kare is the artist responsible for many of the classic Mac icons that are universally recognized. Now her impact as a pioneering and influential computer iconographer has been recognized by the Museum of Modern Art in New York.Now this archive of sketches has been acquired by MoMA, jointly with San Francisco’s Museum of Modern Art, and has gone on show as part of a new exhibition, This is for Everyone: Design Experiments For The Common Good.
- 5 IFTTT Recipes to Increase Productivity on Social MediaIf you’ve found yourself forgetting to check off tasks or spending too much time organizing a spreadsheet, it’s time to automate your daily work process.
- The most creative women in advertising 2015There are more influential females in the advertising industry than ever before. Female creative directors account for around 11% of ad industry award-winners, up from fewer than 4% a decade ago.