Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 2 February 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Alphabet (Google) Not Apple is Now the World’s Most Valuable CompanyThe last time Google was more valuable than Apple was in February 2010, when both companies were worth less than $200 billion.Tags: Apple Google
- Increase Your Creative Output With 14 Time Management Tips Just for Creatives
- Print Free Graph PaperPrint Cartesian, engineering, polar, isometric, hexagonal, probability, Smith chart and logarithmic graph paper free from your computer.
- Five Techniques for Creating Impressionist or Abstract PhotographyAbstract and impressionist photography leave things to the imagination and help you concentrate on texture, form, and colour. Instead of making everything look real, I invite you to use bold colours, shapes, and lines to make exciting images.Tags: Phở…
- Why It’s Never Too Late to Become an Entrepreneur [Infographic]They say age is nothing but a number, and these stats prove it.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance Startup
- Who’s messing with your Internet rights? And who’d tell you if they did?Fears of terrorism and other threats have led many democracies to increase surveillance of Internet users, and to pressure Internet companies to censor information and share user data. Authoritarian governments have been doing that all along. What rig…
- 10 Things Editors Look for in Nonfiction
- Guide To Using WebP Images Today: A Case StudyWebP delivers lossless and lossy compression for images. A guide on how to provide a cross-browser support for WebP today.Tags: Design WebDesign DesignforMobile
- How To Write an “About Me” Page That Gets You HiredAn about page doesn’t have to be anxiety-inducing. Keep it simple and put your inner-critic aside.Tags: Freelance amWriting Design
- Adobe’s Stylus And Digital Ruler (Ink and Slide) Are Now Just $30This bargain bin splurge is good for at least an afternoon of amusementand owning a tiny, odd piece of history.
- 10 Reasons Why Magazine Ads Are Great at Selling Books
- A Brand New Graphic Design Concept Creating a Massive Demand for FontsA relatively new graphic design website FontBundles.net has been breaking the mould recently with their innovative font bundles saving customers ridiculous amounts of money.Tags: fonts typography
- The book agent’s touchAn agent is a writer’s “objective friend” and trusted by publishers to find the best manuscriptsTags: Writing amwriting
- Less Content Marketing, More Quality ContentIt is incredibly hard for a professional to think outside their profession; but in an increasingly interconnected collaborative world, it has never been more necessary.Tags: CM ContentMarketing
- Extract Images From Pdfs Using Acrobat DCTips, tricks, and tutorials for the Creative CloudTags: PDF Acrobat
- How Freelancers Can Make More MoneyWondering how you can make more money in your freelance business? Click to read five tips to help grow your bottom line.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance