Today in Design – Top Articles RoundUp 21 May 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 7 qualities of design-thinking leaders
- How to List Online Courses on Your Resume
- Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustrator
- Eliminate Computer Clutter and Embrace Digital Minimalism
- You Might Not Want to Get a Genetic Test If You Want Life Insurance
- Are you a freelancer or an entrepreneur?
- Leveling up: from UI to product design
- Three Easy Ways to Make Meetings More Accessible for Quiet Types
- Indispensable business knowledge for designers
- How to Organize Your Out-of-Control Reading List Right Now
- What Do Font Names Actually Mean? Typography 102
We often get asked about the terminology associated with fonts. (And, to be frank, sometimes we wonder about certain terms ourselves.) Despite fonts having played such a formative role in the digital workspace, there aren’t a lot of easy-to-read articles that lay it out in one place, so we thought…why not write one? We reached out to one of our esteemed colleagues; one of the luminaries of the font world, Peter Rosenfeld of URW++ and Profonts in Hamburg, Germany, for the straight dope.
- 20+ High Quality Apple Device Mockup PSDs
- Sending an invoice for infringement of intellectual property
- Star Wars vs. Star Trek: You Can’t “Force” Good Writing
- 8 habits of veteran UX designers
- How To Turn Daily Tasks Into Opportunities For Professional Development
- Wedding Markup Is Real, So Don’t Be Afraid to Call It Out and Haggle