Today in Design – Top Articles RoundUp 23 September 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- 50 Tips for Starting Your Own Company
Starting your own business isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s stressful and pretty much demands your complete focus. On the plus side, it can also be a fulfilling experience professionally and personally.
Here are 50 tips on how to make your business come to life:
- 100 Things I Know About Photography
I’ve spent the last half of my 20′s as a photographer. I’ve never taken a class or pretend to know everything about photography but spending so much time with it and obsessing over my work has left me with a few insights that I thought I might share with all of you.
- 50 Best Photoshop Tutorials at Digital Arts UKLearn techniques for Photoshop across art, illustration, graphics and photography in these tutorials from the world’s best practitioners.
- Keep Conference Calls On Target With the Pound KeyWe’ve all been on a long conference call that veers off topic. Try using the # or other key on your phone to signal it’s time to get back on track.
Keeping the conference call focused helps the call end quickly. Entrepreneur has a handy tip to…
- The Case Against “Doing What You Love”
I don’t like advice like “Do what you love and the money will follow.” Not because it isn’t true, but because it’s a monkey’s paw: it’s true under the right circumstances with the right people, and for everyone else, it’s just bad advice.
- The new way to use Photoshop on your iPadDiscover how to perform masking, compositing and selections in Photoshop CC while you’re on the move with Photoshop Mix.
- Why You Should Take a Week-Long Break From All Screens | PsyBlogChildren who spend five days away from their smartphones, televisions and other screens were substantially better at reading facial emotions afterwards, a new study has found.
- Ditched Your Laptop for an iPad? This Guy Did with a Few Apps and AccessoriesIf you have been thinking about using your iPad as your primary computing device, you’re not alone. Tablet computers have become so powerful and practical that you can almost ditch your desktop and go iPad-only for day-to-day tasks, and with a …
- 5 Ways To Spot A Bad Boss In An Interview | ForbesA boss can literally, make or break your career. Here are five ways to spot the bad ones before they become yours.
- Explaining The Global Tablet Market Slowdown (In Deference to the Hyperbole of Best Buy’s CEO)What’s driving the great tablet slowdown?
BI Intelligence, Business Insider’s premium research service, forecasts that global tablet shipments will grow at just a 9% compound annual rate over the next five years, an unexpectedly quick decele…
- 5 Things Your Brand Must Have Besides A Logo
Lots of people, many designers included, think a “brand” is just a nice looking logo. Wrong. So, so wrong, designers. A brand is about a lot more than simply a logo, or a stationery set, a cool t-shirt, etc. As a branding creative director, I’ve accumulated a bit of knowledge about what, exactly, goes into a successful brand that users truly connect with.