Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 27 May 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Share This With Your Mother: 5 Ways You’re Using The Web Wrong
Being a newcomer on the web these days isn’t always a pleasant experience. Setting aside the fact that you’re trying to learn how to do new things like using email or using your new Facebook or Twitter accounts, there are also threats from all sides that you may not be fully prepared for. In fact, the people behind these threats count on people who are more naïve about web safety etiquette.
- Introduction to Lightroom Presets for Photographers
Photographers don’t have a lot of extra time to edit. As a full-time photographer myself, I rely heavily on any tools that save me time in the editing process. One of the tools I use is Lightroom presets.
- How Do You Define Success? Have You Already Achieved it But Failed to Recognize That?I’ve written a lot about “success” over the years and I’m still amazed when I meet or hear about somebody so overfocused on it, that if “success” knocked on their front door tomorrow they’d never recognize it. Some of you have become so dedica…
- Top 10 digital magazine mistakes that cost publishers readers
But you can also learn a good deal by knowing what NOT to do. It’s these common mobile magazine creation and marketing mistakes that may be costing you readers. We’re talking both about people who don’t convert from being a reader to a paid subscriber and also people who don’t download your magazine app in the first place.
- If I Were 22: 80+ Influencers Share Lessons from Their YouthEach year for a few days in May, age gets to bestow its wisdom on youth and anyone who’s over 22 has advice for anyone who’s not. Youth may roll its eyes and shrug, that wisdom nonetheless lives on in a corner of the mind, often to be dissected…
- Why you should design your next website in one weekendJust about anything worthwhile can be created in one weekend
- Interesting: eXO Open Source Enterprise Social Network and Collaboration PlatformeXo Platform is an open-source social-collaboration software designed for enterprises. It is full featured, based on standards, extensible and has an amazing design.
- How to Tell If Someone Is Lying to You in an Email (It gets to the point halfway in)There will be clues. To identify them, Ms. Cohen Woods suggests using a modified version of a law-enforcement technique known as statement analysis, which is a way to look for deception by analyzing a person’s words.
- Adobe Senior Creative Director Russell Brown on Illustrator’s Past and Future
In the era when the ruler, triangle, and T-square reigned supreme — when the concept of desktop publishing was radical — a young company called Adobe launched its first program, Illustrator, a tool for graphic designers.