Today in Design – Top Articles RoundUp 28 January 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 7 WordPress UX Basics You Need to KnowWhen creating a simple WordPress site, you need to get the user experience basics right. Here’s how.Tags: WordPress UX UI
- How to Discover Your Multiplatform Media AssetsYour multiplatform media assets may be spread out in places that you haven’t thought of as repositories. Some of those places may be channels and others may be platforms. The first step in building a successful publishing business is defining your multiplatform media content assets
- Is Flat Design Here to Stay?For designers, a flat design concept is incredibly easy to get terribly wrong.Tags: Ui UX design graphicdesign webdesign
- Comprehensive Guide To Organizing Your Workspace
- Top 10 Ways to Be More Productive When Working from HomeMany of us work more productively when we’re at home compared to working in an office environment. But working from home is not without its own challenges. Become more effective when working at home with these top 10 tips.
- Now 229 Unicorn Startups, With $175b in Funding and $1.3t ValuationTales of the tech unicorn’s impending demise might be somewhat exaggerated. Spoke Intelligence and VB Profiles released a report recently that counted more than 208 of the mythical creatures, not to mention an additional 21 of the even more rarely spotted decacorns — startups with a valuation in excess of $10 billion.
- It Is Time to Put Tablet Magazines Out of Their Misery?
- How To Deal With A Narcissist: 5 Secrets Backed By Research
- How to Make Winning Infographics Without RiskInfographics — if you think about them the right way — can become asset pillars that build your media empire.Tags: infographics dataviz design contentmarketing
- The In-Depth Guide to Using PocketWhether you’re a Pocket newbie or expert, there are heaps of features and useful tips you should know about. Here it TNW’s in-depth guide.
- 4 Reasons Small Businesses Fail
- Drawing Good and Evil Comic Book Characters [Video Course]
- How the Stockdale Paradox Can Make You a Better LeaderI first learned of Admiral James Stockdale in Good to Great, by Jim Collins. In the book, Collins and his team were trying to find common traits of “great” companies who had outperformed “good” companies over at least a 15-year period. One of the common factors they found among great companies is they embraced the Stockdale paradox.
- 6 Signs It’s Not Your Employee Who’s the Problem, It’s You
- 4 Lessons All Junior Designers Should Learn to Ace Your First Industry JobThe UK’s number one studio reveals how to ace your first design industry job.Tags: Design
- InDesign CC: Mastering Type with Pariah Burke Video TrainingPariah Burke’s Mastering InDesign Type gives you all the tips, tricks, and techniques to help you find and use ALL of InDesign’s text powers. [Video Course]Tags: InDesign
- What You Can Do Now to Master the Business of Writing
- 5 Grammar Rules That Show Off Your Smarts
English grammar confuses the best of us. Native English speakers have the luxury of knowing by ear that he sees, I see, and they see are correct but will mix up who and whom. Professional writers rarely memorize every grammar rule; rather, they review them from time to time to ensure they apply the rules correctly. Make like a professional writer and show off your grammar smarts by correctly applying the following five grammar rules to your writing.
- 5 Strategies for Completing a Novel First DraftS.K. Lamont completed four first draft novels in 2015. In this post, she shares strategies for completing a novel first draft with other writers who want to get it done.Tags: Writing AmWriting