Today in Design – Top Articles RoundUp 28 May 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- UI, UX: Who Does What? A Designer’s Guide To The Tech Industry
- The Essentials of Graphic Design in a Beautiful Deck of Playing Cards
- Treat Your Uninformed Critics Like You Would a Toddler
- 7 Things to Say When a Conversation Turns Negative
- Artificial Intelligence Is Far From Matching Humans, Panel SaysNever mind Terminator-like killer robots. Artificial intelligence researchers are grappling with more realistic questions like whether their creations will take too many jobs from humans.Tags: Ai,Skynet
- 7 predictions about the future of media — by someone who should know
- 6 Ways Freelancers Can Separate Their Work & Personal Lives
- 26 Free Progressive and Experimental Fonts
- Six Ways To Self-Edit & Polish Your Prose
- 10 Free Detailed Vector Halftone Texture Backgrounds
- 5 Questions With: Freelance Planning App Harpoon
Harpoon is Battles’ attempt to address that problem. The Web-based subscription platform tracks money, but also keys into business planning questions that help freelancers turn projects into a steady business. Launched in 2015, Harpoon has already generated press in Tech.co and the San Francisco Chronicle, and attracted a growing client base.
- 44 Brilliant InDesign Tutorials“Improve your skills with these InDesign tutorials, covering live captions, brochure design, animated layouts, and more!
- 8 Easy Freelance Writing Tips That Will Keep Your Clients Happy
- —vector-20799" rel="external">The A to Z of Adobe Illustrator
- Writing Your First Book? How to Avoid Self-Publishing Regrets
- QuarkXPress 2016 the Macworld Review: New Features Help Your Documents Look Their BestConverting PDF, EPS, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office items to native QuarkXPress items highlights this fast, stable upgrade.Tags: QuarkXPress
- What happens when tech boom turns to bust
- Quick Tip: How to crop in Adobe Illustrator
- Standing desks may boost students’ cognitive function as well as health
- 20 Tools for Startups Who Can’t Afford Design Teams