Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 29 September 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Surviving as a Creative in a Corporate Environment
Andy Epstein offers tactics for thriving in an in-house design environment. He lays out a tongue-in-cheek list of ways for an in-house designer to get fired in the hopes that you’ll not try them.
- Why Designers Need Human Contact“I’m guessing if you did a study on designers, the majority…would fall on [the introvert] side of the spectrum. It’s just in our nature to be more in our heads and less in our words. And with so much conversation being done online, we are poi…
- 4 Ways to Get Noticed by an Agency
- How to Create a hyper realistic non-destructive Lens Flare effect in Photoshop
- I set out to create pixel perfect icons. Here’s what I discovered along the way.
- Weird And Wonderful, Yet Still Illegible
- Positioning Yourself Competitively as a FreelancerThat being said even if you are starting out and have a limited understanding of the work you do there can be several different ways you can position yourself fitting your skill level. In this article we will present a few important things clie…
- Are women better negotiators than men?
Earlier this week I came across an article in which it was suggested that women in the purchasing world are positioned to become the new influencers and deal-makers because they understand the importance of building relationships and collaborating. Conversely, and in the same article, IACCM CEO Tim Cummins made reference to a study that senior executives – who are predominantly male – tend to lie to one another at the negotiating table when it comes to what they can actually do, in what time frame they can do it and for how much money it can be done.
- How to Promote Your New Podcast: 10 Effective Strategies to Try
- Interaction Design Best Practices
“But, the past and the future are not of consequence here. We’re going to briefly touch upon three best practices when it comes to interaction principles – right now.
- Showcase of 40 Insanely Detailed iOS Icon Designs
- InDesign CC: Mastering Documents with Pariah Burke [Video]
- If I Were 22: 80+ Influencers Share Lessons from Their YouthEach year for a few days in May, age gets to bestow its wisdom on youth and anyone who’s over 22 has advice for anyone who’s not. Youth may roll its eyes and shrug, that wisdom nonetheless lives on in a corner of the mind, often to be dissected…