Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 30 December 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Typography Terms 101: Everything You Need to KnowBarbs, beaks, brackets, bowls: Baffled by typography terms? You’re not alone. Here, we break down the field’s most essential definitions.Tags: Typography fonts design
- How To Stop Feeling Guilty, 5 Secrets Backed By ResearchWe all have things we regret. Want to know how to stop feeling guilty? Here’s what a professor at Stanford says will make you feel better.
- 5 Reasons Why It’s Good to Be a Beginner Designer
- 5 Steps To Stop Feeling Like an Imposter
I wonder if you’re familiar with the term ‘Imposter Syndrome?’
It can wreak havoc on any designer’s self esteem. No matter what level you’re at, no matter how many clients you have, at some point, every designer has asked the question: “am I the real deal?” or “am I worthy enough to call myself a professional?”
- Here’s What a Photoshop-Free World Would Look Like10 gorgeous images that prove Photoshop is overrated.In the fashion industry, Photoshop is less a topic up for discussion and more a sraightforward fact of life. Those of us who work in and around the industry simply accept that most if not all of the images we’re bombarded with every day are retouched, Photoshopped, and edited beyond belief—the reason being that in fashion, we are selling a fantasy. In other words: Reality doesn’t sell.
- User-Centric Design for Large Enterprises [Video]Centric Digital’s Jean-Marcel Nicolai joined us for a webinar on how to stay user-centric and nimble in large business environments.Tags: UX UI Design Wearables
- Being Extraordinary — In Life and BusinessWhen it comes to what you accomplish in life, how can you be extraordinary? In this post we are going to look at some habits and traits of people who get an incredible amount accomplished.Tags: productivity todo gtd
- Designing Like a KidWhen it comes to design, asking yourself why reveals the Legos that make up the castle.Tags: Design GraphicDesign
- How to Balance Your Career Goals with FamilyYou can achieve success in your your career and have a happy family. Click here for great advice on balancing your career with children.
- Designers Pit Apple Pencil VS Microsoft Surface Pro 4 VS Wacom Cintiq Companion
- 7 Ways to Ruin a Meeting Before It BeginsHow do you avoid these time-wasting meetings?
- How to Take Screenshots of the Login Screen on any Mac
- Tech Job Search Buzzwords and What They Really MeanLooking for a job in tech is tough. You have to have the right skills, the right contacts, and a finely crafted resume before you even go hunting. What you don’t need are the often-complicated, semi-meaningless job titles and buzzwords floating in many job descriptions. Let’s take a look at a few of the most frequently abused ones, and what they actually mean to real people.
- Here’s a Breakdown of the Speech That Won the 2015 World Championship of Public SpeakingHe and nine other finalists competed at the Toastmasters annual convention in Las Vegas, and he took home first place for his speech, “The Power of Words,” which you can watch below:Tags: Presenting Persona
- 5 Ways to Prevent Your Work From Being Copied (For Designers, Photogs, and Writers)Follow these pre-emptive rules and your creative work will be safe against the scourge of copyright infringers.
- 10 Daily Tasks You Should Be Delegating (So You Can Grow Your Business)Ready to focus on the forest rather than the trees? Here are tips for when and how to start delegating the small stuff.Tags: Entrepreneur Leadership Brassballs
- Pantone: How the World Authority on Color Became a Pop Culture Icon
- Creating a Responsive Web Design