Today in Design – Top Articles RoundUp 8 February 2018
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Interesting Discussion at Quora – What does a book publisher do for an author? Which of these services carry-over to the Ebook era? #prdctnWhat does a book publisher do for an author? Which of these services carry-over to the Ebook era?
- When nice books are illegal | Phinney on FontsSo I was wondering, “why do publishers use the particular combo of settings they do, that is bugging me?” It turns out the answer is “because that’s the only reasonable option Adobe makes easily available to them.”
Although the PDF fo…
- —cms-30375?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter" rel="external">How to Create a 3D Paper Cut-Out Text Effect in Adobe InDesign
- The Client’s Guide to Publishing InfographicsWhen it comes to infographics, the discussion usually revolves around design and promotion. And there are some great articles and case studies written about conceptualizing and marketing a successful infographic as well as pitching them and co…
- How to kern like a pro | Renana Typesetting and Book Layout
- 8 Drop Caps For Chapter Openings in Adobe InDesign
- How to Use Liquid Layout in InDesign by Pariah BurkeSo what can liquid layout do for you? Short answer: It can save you hours or even days of reworking the same content into different layouts, page sizes, and orientations. It can do everything Layout Adjustment can, but with a lot less manual cl…