Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 9 January 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Fires and Riots: California and Graphic Design 1936-1986
California’s turbulence during the 20th century, both politically and environmentally, was reflected in its graphic design, which came to have an indigenous feel that was both belligerently offbeat and pioneering.
- A badly written, poor prediction: 10 web design trends you’ll actually see in 2015 (and how to survive them)Ugh.
- QuarkXPress 2015 New Features Announced
In March of 2015 Quark Software Inc. is expected to make available QuarkXPress® 2015, the next major version of Quark’s design and layout tool for print and digital publishing professionals. In addition to features already announced, including new 64-bit architecture and the top 10 most user-requested features, QuarkXPress 2015 will support PDF/X-4 output, the latest standard that allows better, faster printing. QuarkXPress 2015 will also continue to be sold as a perpetual license.
- Best Fonts of the 2014 (on Betype)The most popular fonts featured on Betype over 2014.
- Digital Drawing: Pencil, Ink, Bamboo, Moleskine And Surface Pro 3
Ink & Slide are a perfect entry into Adobe’s software for newcomers and great additional tools for existing desktop users. Like the iPad itself, they are tools that make you feel good to hold and use. Although you can draw on a tablet with your finger, one of the advantages of these pen devices is that you feel a little more purposeful and diligent when you use them.