Free Keyboard Shortcuts Plug-in for InDesign and InCopy CS3
Screen capture of the Keyboard Shortcuts panel in action.
Our friends over at DTP Tools, who teamed up with me to create the PageControl plug-in for InDesign and InCopy, got together with our other friends at InDesignSecrets.com. Their collaboration resulted in a cool new plug-in for InDesign CS3 and InCopy CS3 that puts keyboard shortcuts within easy reach on a floating panel.
“Every InDesign power user knows the best way to be really efficient in this program is to use keyboard shortcuts,” noted David Blatner, InDesign guru and co-founder of InDesignSecrets.com. “But it”™s always been a hassle to find or change keyboard shortcuts in InDesign. This plug-in makes it easy.”
Key features of the Keyboard Shortcuts plug-in include:
- Use a dynamic search field to quickly find which keyboard shortcut is assigned to each feature.
- “Reverse lookup” to find which feature is associated with the shortcut you press.
- Quickly add/remove shortcuts.
- Add/delete custom shortcut sets.
- Export your custom shortcut sets to share with others.
- Filter out hundreds of commands with no current shortcut.
- Get immediate feedback on which custom shortcut set is active.
Keyboard Shortcuts is available as a free download from http://www.dtptools.com/kbsc . The plug-in is compatible with InDesign CS3 and InCopy CS3 running on either Mac OSX or Windows.