Creating Fixed-Layout eBooks
Often referred to as “children’s ebooks,” “picture ebooks,” “photo books,” and similar monikers, fixed-layout ebooks are visually-rich layouts that offer much more than standard EPUB and KF8 format ebooks for iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and more.
- Understanding Fixed-Layout eBooks
- Planning a Fixed-Layout eBook
- Creating Fixed-Layout in InDesign
- Adapting the HTML
- Editing the CSS
- Adding Advanced Features
- Creating Read Aloud/Read-Along Narration
- Creating Fixed-Layout for Apple iBooks
- Creating Fixed-Layout for Kindle
- Converting Fixed-Layout for Nook
- Creating Fixed-Layout for Sony Reader
- Creating Fixed-Layout for Kobo
- Other Fixed-Layout Creation Tools
All of these features make fixed-layout ebooks ideal for such projects as children’s books, cookbooks, travel journals, photography and design books, game guides, and any other project where page presentation is important to reader experience and sales.
Creating Fixed-Layout eBooks by Pariah S. Burke is a companion to ePublishing with InDesign CS6 by Pariah S. Burke (ISBN: 9781118305591, Dec. 2012, Sybex), which is a prerequisite title, and is part of the ePublishing with InDesign series of books, videos, and instructor materials.