Introduction to eBook Creation and Publishing (Lecture)
This course removes all the barriers and throws wide the doors onto ebook publishing for…
- Book publishers ready to integrate ebook production into their printed book production workflows.
- Authors and would-be authors ready to take the surprisingly easy leap into self-publishing for fun and profit.
- Designers and production houses ready to capture a piece of the $3 billion annual ebook design and production business.
In this lecture-style presentation you will watch as the instructor starts with a typical manuscript from Microsoft Word or Apple Pages and from it produces a fully laid out, ready for sale ebook. You will learn:
- How to prepare a manuscript for epublication in a word processor (e.g. Microsoft Word or Apple Pages).
- Creating and using appropriate paragraph and character styles
- Repurposing for-print text to ebook
- How to layout an ebook manuscript in InDesign.
- Creating the initial ebook.
- Unique requirements for photos, figures, illustrations, and captions in eBooks
- How to prepare images in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creating ebook cover images
- Exporting ebooks and proofing live on screen and on ebook readers and tablets
- What’s inside that ePUB file
- Creating multi-chapter ebooks
- Obtaining an ISBN number for books
- Getting your ebook into iBooks, Kindle/Amazon.com, Nook/Barnes & Noble, and other e-tailers