Creative Community Bulletin 30 August 2013
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Typographic Design Detreatments Concisely Illustrator Words’ Meanings“Using the power of typography, Indian graphic designer Arun Raj illustrated and explained the meaning of different words.”
- 10 things Never to Do With Your Employees“The employer-employee relationship can be a minefield of dangerous faux pas. Avoid these 10 situations to make sure you never cross the line.”
- A Step-by-Step Checklist for Planning Your Blog Posts“If you do literally just write and hit Publish you are probably missing out on a trick. In reality there are a number of actions you should take to make the most out of each post that you publish, and without a checklist to follow you are prob…
- Improve Your Facebook News Feed in Minutes with the “Organize” Tool“Facebook has an awful lot of noise, especially if you’re “friends” with people you don’t really care about. If you want to clean up your News Feed, Facebook actually has a handy tool to help you do just that.P
- Graphic Design Can Jumpstart a Start-up Business“As graphic designers, what we can do for Start-ups is basically leapfrog that entire first part by making a brand new business look super professional from day one. To a Start-up, that is really worth something.”
- A Step-by-Step Checklist for Publishing Your Blog Posts
“Let me begin by asking you a question: how many times have you been guilty of writing a blog post, hitting Publish then simply getting on with your day? This post is for you, because each post that doesn’t get a little post-publishing TLC will never live up its full potential. If you build it the people will not come — you need to build it and then take it to them.”
- Formatting your Custom RSS Feed(s) for MailChimp
“Using MailChimp’s powerful set of merge tags for RSS feeds allows you to apply your brand’s custom styling to your RSS integrated content making it easier than ever before to automate your email marketing efforts. There are however a few guidelines your layout should fall within in order to ensure proper import and styling of your feed content.”
- Wacom outs Intuos Creative Stylus with revamped Bamboo Paper app in tow for iPad sketching“If you’re the type to digitally doodle on the slate that you already own rather opt for a professional-grade unit, Wacom just announced its latest accessory for doing just that. ”
- How To Use Instagram To Showcase Your Designs“While Instagram is usually associated with photos, it can be a great platform to display and promote your design work as well. Not only does Instagram have a sizeable audience (as of mid-2012, there were over 80 million registered users), but …
- Google+ for Business – The 3 Best Types of Google+ Content
“While many people find Facebook followers enjoy simple photos and videos rather than text, on Google+ we’ve discovered that people respond to posts that teach them something. To our own surprise, posts with entertaining or appealing images didn’t perform as well as posts that provided new knowledge to our followers. Be it information on a product update, social media tips or new tools for learning, Google+ users have clearly expressed their thirst for knowledge.
- The Most Important Thing You Need to Know about Infographics
If you’ve never created an infographic and made it a part of your content marketing mix, I’m going to assume you were thinking along same line as I was until about six months ago. They’re a big pain to do.