Creative Community Bulletin 6 September 2013
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- One Bank or Many: Where Should I Keep My Accounts?
But as your financial life changes, the one-size-fits-all approach may no longer suit you. In fact, depending on your money needs, there are also a few good reasons you may want to open accounts at more than one bank—and a variety of factors that go into choosing the right one for you.P
- The 3 Steps to Success at Anything
“Many seek the simple formula for success. That’s true of content marketing, culinary mastery, improving your golf game, and with life in general.
- How to Remove People From Your Travel Photos Using Photoshop
When you load these photos into Photoshop the script works by identifying identical areas (the static background) and removes everything that changes between shots (the moving people). As long as the people in your photos are moving around enough, you’ll be able to stack all the images together and end up with the following (click to enlarge):
- CloudConvert Converts Almost Any File Type Between FormatsConverting files between formats is never a fun thing to do. When you’re working on different systems, it’s a pain to do, and you often need a ton of software. CloudConvert is a web app that can convert 140 different file types.P
- Adobe PDF Print Engine 3: The Next Step in Digital Printing Efficiency
“Sherburne and Zwang have spent time with Adobe reviewing this announcement and discussing its potential impact on the market. And it is an important topic considering that, according to Adobe, and cited in an IDC white paper provided to WhatTheyThink by Adobe, more than 90,000 systems around the globe are based on the Adobe PDF Print Engine and are used in live production. IDC states, “This latest release demonstrates Adobe’s ongoing innovation and leadership in print, which goes back to its founding in 1984.” APPE has been implemented across various industry segments, including CTP, digital presses and large format printers.
- “Why does ‘literally’ also mean ‘figuratively’? @dictionarycom tries to make sense of it.
“Recently the wordsmiths of the United States have availed themselves once again to descry the figurative use of the word literally. This particular spate of analysis finds its origins in a Reddit post titled, “We did it guys, we finally killed English,” which featured an image of Google’s definition for the word. Since that popular post, journalists and language experts have added their voices to the loudening din. The Reddit poster puts the blame for killing English on all of us, the living, but in the wake of public outrage, language experts have pointed out that this sense of literally is nothing new.”
- Square Launches Code Camp To Get High School Girls Into ProgrammingTHE PAYMENTS COMPANY SQUARE IS THE LATEST TECH STARTUP TO OPEN UP ENGINEERING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG GIRLS.
- 13 Gmail Plugins You Should Try Right Now
There is no denying the power of Gmail. And armed with a handful of extensions and add-on services, you can really turn Gmail into the ultimate emailing powerhouse. From enhancing and tidying your contacts list, to implementing an elaborate productivity system in your inbox, almost anything’s possible. You just need to know how.
And because of Gmail’s popularity, the list continues to grow, diversify, giving users countless new ways to make the service even more useful. Here’s a look at some of the tools you can use to enhance your Gmail experience.
- The Design Decisions Behind the New Yahoo! Logo
“We hadn’t updated our logo in 18 years. Our brand, as represented by the logo, has been valued at as much as ~$10 billion dollars. So, while it was time for a change, it’s not something we could do lightly.”
- How to Use the Internet to Actually Meet People in Real LifeWe use the internet to connect with others all over the world, but what about people right in our backyard? Technology tends to insulate us if we don’t take measures to counteract it, and we can become bad neighbors as a result. A few apps and …
- 1 In 5 Tweets Geotagged With Your Location. This Site Shows What You’re (Inadvertently) SharingYOU ARE WHERE YOU TWEET, A NEW WEBSITE AND RESEARCH PAPER REVEAL.
- How to Make 2D Pics Look Like 3D Objects Using This Optical Illusion Camera TrickAll you need to do is take a picture of the Rubik’s Cube (or other similar 3D-centric subject) and something beside it for reference, as brusspup does in the video below. Then print it out, put it down on a table, and slap something on top of i…
- E-Books Could Be The Future Of Social Media #eprdctnIn the future, e-books will act just like social networks. We’ll use them on our phones, share and comment right inside e-reader apps, and publishers will use our data to help them make better marketing decisions. If you think digital reading i…