Design Business Links 15 April 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Where Apple design is headed in 2014“So what do Apple design developments from 2013 tell us about what to expect for iOS and the Mac this year?”
- 6 Awesome Visualization Tools to Bring Out Your Inner Graphic Designer
“They say a picture is worth a thousand words—but online, a chart or infographic could be worth a thousand backlinks.”
- 4 keys to a successful paid content model“Is 2014 the year we’ll see more tangible evidence of sustainable digital business models for paid content? We can only hope. I’d love to see publishers and marketers begin to break their obsession with ad-supported digital media, which has tak…
- Worrying state of design apprenticeships highlighted by Design CouncilThe summit, which brought together educators, students, employers and designers, highlighted a study from the Centre for Economics and Business Research which found that, while apprenticeships are on the rise, the design apprenticeship framewor…
- How To Achieve Work-Life Balance In 5 Steps“In the ten years from 1986 to 1996 work-life balance was mentioned in the media 32 times.
In 2007 alone it was mentioned 1674 times.”
- Free mobile and web prototyping for designers via Dropbox“Turn sketches, wireframes, PSDs and designs into interactive mobile and web prototypes in just a few clicks. All synced in real-time from Dropbox.”
- Why iOS 7 didn’t kill skeuomorphism – and why that’s a good thing“Apple eschewed their skeuomorphic design philosophy in favour of a function-led, unobtrusive and minimal interface. The result is a flatter operating system, doing away with superfluous features. App icons have less texture, fonts are simpler …
- What The Music You Love Says About You And How It Can Improve Your Life
“Ever been a bit judgy when you hear someone’s taste in music? Of course you have.
And you were right — music tells you a lot about someone’s personality.
Research has learned a great deal about the power of music:”
- How Much Money Can You Make From YouTube Videos
“YouTube offers a Partner Program to help you easily monetize your videos on YouTube. Once you are accepted into the program, upload a video “that you have created” on to YouTube, enable advertising for that video and wait for the money to pour in.
- Marketing for Freelancers: 3 Tips to Find Clients for Web Design“One of the things that impressed me most was the practical business and marketing tips he sprinkles throughout them all. So I took the liberty of gathering a few of his best advice, mixing them with my own, and put together this list of 3 tips…