Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 1 June 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Adobe Calling It Quits on Photoshop TouchWith Photoshop Touch being phased out, what this preview shows is a not-yet-announced app for “serious retouching.” Adobe says the software has the code name “Project Rigel” and should be announced in the latter part of this year. The company is also working on bringing its mobile software to Android, so sit tight if you’ve been feeling left out as of late.
- 10 Meaningful Practices for Every Writer
- Fantastic! Create time-based Gmail filters with Google Apps ScriptThankfully, Gmail users can take advantage of Google Apps Script to create time-based events that will move, mark, or label your messages without having to open a mail client.Tags: gmail
- Bookmark Gmail Searches For Easy Email ReferenceYou may not pay much attention to your browser’s address bar while you’re clicking around in Gmail, but each screen—from search results to individual emails—has its own unique URL. That means you can bookmark these URLs to give you quick access to searches, filters or threads you want to refer to frequently.
- Being an Entrepreneur Is Stressful But Don’t Worry About ItThe more we worry about what things beyond our control , the less mental energy we have for what we could do something about. Like building a business.Tags: Entrepreneur Leadership Brassballs
- How to find freelance design workNow, I don’t want to mislead you, but there is no single path that leads to Freelancer Mecca. In reality, there are many different paths, and only some will work for you. I’ll walk you through the seven best. I strongly recommend testing each; to dismiss any of these would be doing a disservice to the hustler mindset that’s pivotal to successful freelancing. I’ve personally made each one work wonderfully for me :)
- 13 Things Happy, Successful and Contented Writers Do on the Weekends
- Tools For Screencasting On Your Windows DesktopText and still images can document a computer process or describe software features well, but video can do so much more. With a screencast, you can capture that elusive bug which seems to disappear the moment anyone else looks at your screen, create s…
- Tips and tools for screencasting on Mac OS XThe software can record every click, window switch or animation, making it simple to record video desktop demonstrations.
- The Self-Publishing Sky is Not FallingFirst of all, just like in the Old West, the gold rush made scant millionaires. There were never going to be abundant strikes except for the few. If the gold rush in digital publishing ever was, it was irrelevant to the vast majority of authors.Second, the key to making a living as a writer, has not changed and will never change, because it’s always been the same!To wit: