Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 13 January 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Create a 3D calendar with InDesignJo Gulliver reveals how you can create a 3D calendar by creating and manipulating cube nets in InDesign.Tags: InDesign
- The 30 Best Pieces of Advice for Entrepreneurs in 2015
But as we look back and ahead, what’s truly exciting is how much we’ve learned about what our audience actually wants and needs, and how we can do our part to make the entire tech ecosystem stronger. This is what will drive us to talk to even more remarkable people, try new things, and tell great stories in 2016. Join us. Won’t you?
- A Father, a Dying Son, and the Quest to Make the Most Profound Videogame EverRyan Green is making a game that is as broken—as confounding, unresolved, and tragically beautiful—as the world itself.The videogame became Green’s primary method of dealing with Joel’s illness, as well as his connection to a son he struggled to understand.
- My 10 Freelance Business Goals + Tips for Setting Yours
- 5 Amazing Winter Idioms and Their Etymologies
- How Our Tech Addiction–And Constant Distraction–Is A Solvable Design ProblemStop blaming yourself for your inability to unplug. Today’s apps and devices are designed to seduce you. What if that could change?
- Google Analytics Essential Training [Video]Find out how your website is performing. Learn how to use Google Analytics to measure site traffic, SEO, engagement, ad revenue, and even activity on social media.Tags: Marketing SMM
- Mood Boards: Before, During, and After the Design ProcessMood boards and collaborative collecting are the perfect way to put a project’s goals and expectations in perspective.A mood board is a collection of like-minded design examples, organized and presented to accomplish a task, and I use them for just about everything.
- The Ugly Truth of Publishing & How BEST to Support Writers
- Clive Wilkinson: Designing the Theater of Work [Video]Our coworkers are the humans that that we spend most of our time with and, damn it, it should be fun.Tags: Design Business
- Why Americans Work So Much?The economist John Maynard Keynes predicted a society so prosperous that people would hardly have to work. But that isn’t exactly how things have played out.
- 10 Best Logo Changes of 2015From Johnnie Walker to Google to The Ritz-Carlton, these are the brand reinventions that stood out this year.Tags: Logo Branding Design
- 7 Truths You Must Know to Name Your Rate & 7 Resources to Help You
- Why Millennials Keep Dumping You: An Open Letter to Management
Attracting and keeping top millennial talent is a burning issue for leaders. Millennials are 35% of the workforce. By 2020 they’ll be 46% of the working population.