Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 2 July 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Are You Embarrassed to Market Yourself and Your Writing?If you’re embarrassed to market yourself and your writing you can lean the secrets of letting go of that fear in this article by Anne Wayman.Tags: Writing AmWriting
- Top 10 Punctuation MistakesWriters can avoid most errors of punctuation by mastering the following conventions.Tags: Writing AmWriting
- Writing Proposals [Video Course]Learn how to respond to a request for proposal (RFP) and to craft a well-conceived proposal from scratch.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance
- 10 Simple List-Making Apps How to Make ListsAccording to a recent LinkedIn study involving 6,500 professionals in more than 15 countries, 63 percent said they tracked their progress via to-do lists. Unfortunately, only 11 percent accomplished all of the tasks they planned to h…
- Everything you need to know about freelancing: Master FAQsNeed to know something about freelancing? Need to get inspired? Here is a giant list of things to keep you educated and motivated to live a well-rounded freelance life. We will update this continually as more posts are released. Let us know …
- How to Use a Simple Pocket Notebook to Change Your Life
It’s really hard to believe, but I have to say that one of the most – and possibly themost – profound changes I’ve made in my life over the last several years was the simple decision to start carrying a pocket notebook and a pen with me wherever I go.
- How Your Brain Understands Visual LanguageOr, “why email is still represented by an envelope.” Design professor Josiah Kahane explains.
- Do the Math: New Designers Save Big on Creative CloudLike many who are making the transition from using Adobe Creative Suite to Adobe Creative Cloud, Hadley is railing against the financial realities of life immediately after college, student loan payments, and of making a monthly payment for the Creative Cloud applications on which she depends.
- Dear Designer… – Claudia McCueI wouldn’t dream of questioning your visual imagination. On the other hand…
- Why designers need to say ‘yes’ moreTake a note from improvisational theatre and ban the word ‘no’, says Snask’s Fredrik Öst.