Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 2 October 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 10 Deliberately Misspelled WordsIf all English speakers left school having mastered English spelling conventions, the deliberate misspellings seen in movie titles and various products mightTags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- How Writers Can Build An Massive Email ListThis is the #1 book marketing tip for writers. Build an email list! This video will share the essentials of getting readers on your list!Tags: Writing AmWriting selfpub marketing
- Make Money Writing Blogs: 5 Ways to Income
The moral: no word you write is ever wasted. Every blog you create teaches you something. You can create a blog in minutes; there’s nothing you can do that’s “wrong,” except to feel that there’s a “right” way to blog. What and how you blog is up to you. Follow your creativity.
That’s said, let’s look at five ways you can make money writing blogs.
- 20 Cool (Fun AND Useful) Things Google Search Can DoYou can do a lot of things on Google Search but Google Search just keeps on giving. From easter eggs to handy shortcuts that give you want you want and what you
- The 2015 Logo Trends ReportEach year, as I browse through thousands of logos in preparation for the annual Trend Report, I can’t help but consider the societal, technological and environmental influences and how they will affect the future of our industry. This year, three thoughts occurred to me.
- Top 10 Punctuation MistakesWriters can avoid most errors of punctuation by mastering the following conventions.Tags: Writing AmWriting
- 20+ Awesome Chalk Fonts to DownloadThink of chalk and you probably wouldn’t think of it as a font you would choose to use in web design. But you might be surprised at how endearing chalk can be.Tags: Free Freebie Freebies
- Unleash the Power of Frameworks, Methodologies, and Processes in Your BusinessDespite sounding like “language lard,” understanding frameworks, methodologies, and processes can unleash the power in your business.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance
- Why Sweden Is Shifting To A 6-Hour WorkdayBe more focused, have fewer meetingsand then go home early. It sounds like a dream, but it can work.Tags: Productivity Leadership