Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 24 April 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 7 Drag And Drop Plugins For Building WordPress SitesFor designers and developers, we would love to have the drag-and-drop approach when building and organizing a page layout. In building a WordPress site, for instance, the drag-and-drop method would help save a lot of time. I…
- 3 Shakespearean Insults
- This Site Will Inspire You with Stories from DesignersOne of the best ways to get started in the design industry is to seek advice from experienced designers. Folks who’ve been there.Tags: Design
- 50 business cards celebrate the father of record sleeve designThe art of record sleeve designs has gone from strength-to-strength; from the psychadelic 70s to the out-of-this-world 00s, iconic designers have teamed up with bands throughout the years to bring the music industry some seriously inspiring artwork.Ta…
- Freelancers or Employers: Who Really Owns the Art?What do we really own when we buy art? In part 2, we look at Work Made for Hire. What do employers own when employees create artistic work vs. commissioned work created by freelancers.Tags: Copyright IP Design IPLaw
- Is the Catalog Industry at Risk of Another Meltdown?The one-two punch of the recession plus the simultaneous surge in digital marketing seemed to many like the death blow of the catalog. Clearly, it wasn’t. Rather it served as a learning moment for marketers, helping them gain perspective on how and why catalogs are critical to the marketing process.
- How to Digitize Your Hand Lettering Using Illustrator’s Image TraceOnce you hit a certain level of completion, it’s in your best interest to digitize your lettering pieces so that you can publish them on the web, add them to a portfolio, or use them in a print project. Tags: Illustrator vector
- How much money does the average self-published author spend on book cover design?
- Why Paper Planners Are Relevant in the Age of Smartphone Calendar Apps
Nevertheless, you can still see paper planners lined up on store shelves. And you know what? It’s not just the old or computerless who are buying them. There are practical reasons to prefer a physical product over a digital solution, even if thinking of them can leave some of us scratching our heads.