Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 26 February 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 10 Jargon Phrases to Avoid in Business Writing
Business-speak. The fact that the jargon of the business world is often annoying is the least of its problems. If there’s one trait business writing needs to have, it’s clarity—which is the trait most business jargon phrases completely lack. They’re neither precise nor informative. They’re not even professional. They’re just vague, even though some of them sound awesome and trendy. But we writers should know better than to use the following phrases in business writing.
- Artists Evolve: The Dangers of Creatively Typecasting YourselfReinventing yourself isn’t just a stunt, it’s required to survive.Tags: Design illustration
- 7 Apps for Unplugging and Powering DownFinding your inner Zen has never been easier.
- Creating a Crazy Cool Logo | AbduzeedoI’m a huge fan of typography and logo design, even though I havent worked on too many logo design projects I had the opportunity to express my love on a few, but at the same time, very pleasant ID projects. One of them was in 2005 for a company called Zagora. When they hired us to create their ID design they said that they wanted something very unique and modern. Besides of that we spent like 4 hours talking about ideas and concepts in order to know exactly what we would have to do.
- The 5 Best Advertising Tactics for Small Businesses in 2016Analyzing top online advertising channels for small businesses and the best tactics to use those channels to get the highest return on investment possible.
- 6 Ways to Track Down a Magazine EditorA great resource for freelancers, 6 Ways to Track Down a Magazine Editor gives writers useful sleuthing skills that magazine editors actually appreciate.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- 7 Unfortunate Type Trends We Wish We Could All Forget
Typography is a powerful skill in the designer’s arsenal. But as they say, with great power comes great responsibility. We’ve all seen examples of type that’s gone awry or that’s not so easy on the eye. In this article, we take a look at 7 type trends out there that we’d all like to forget. Designers, take caution! Make sure you’re not guilty of these. And let us know in the comments about any other type trends you’d like to see the end of. Enjoy!
- 5 Sites to Learn About and Create Business Logos
- 15 Brilliant Cheatsheets That Simplify The Basics Of Photography15 Brilliant Cheatsheets That Simplify The Basics Of PhotographyTags: Photography
- How to Make Extreme Numbers ResonateBoth colossally large and infinitesimally small numbers can be hard to fathom, because they’re so abstract. Visualization can make data at the extremes easier to grasp. The key to doing it well is finding the right scale and the right approach. Here are three examples of visuals that make huge numbers, tiny numbers, and moving numbers easier to grasp.
- How to Grow Your Creative Business With Instagram
- 15 Excellent No-Sign Up Websites for Everyday UseDo you like websites which have no sign-ups, no registerations, and no downloads? Then, you will like these hassle free web apps and sites which make daily productivity a lot easier.
- Best text editor apps for Mac OS X