Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 3 March 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 6 Sins Of Article Writing
Take article writing, for instance. To learn it, you can either (1) plow through a ton of Internet resources on the do’s of article writing; or (2) keep an eye out for these basic, but important, boo-boos, and cut them out as soon as you spot them. Here, I’ve put together the 6 sins of article writing.
- Mastering the Three Pillars of a Successful Monetisation Strategy
- How to Create Halftone Effects in Adobe IllustratorHaving read a lot of comics where halftones are used, I have a special love for it that I hope to share with you in this tutorial. You will find that it is not so hard to create this effect in Adobe Illustrator, and by using halftones instead of regul…
- Delightful Color Project Matches Sweets With Their PANTONE Colors
- Models of Design for BeginnersA detailed overview of Design Patterns, related terms, and Concepts. A discussion of what Design Patterns are, why they are important, etc.
- Why Men Fight: An Empirical Investigation of the Extremes of MasculinityMasculinity and aggression seem so inextricably entwined. But why?
- These Are the Companies That Send Out the Most Email Spam
According to Unroll.Me, one of our longtime favorite ways to de-spam your inbox, there are some companies out there that send a lot more spam emails than anyone else. Based on their data, here are the top five spammers you should look out for:
- What Does Your Typeface Say About You and Your Brand?Creative Director Gerald Glover looks at how your choice of typeface influences your brand.Tags: Typography fonts
- Freshen Up Your Day with Designer Jokes and Design
- Kanye West: secret Pirate Bay user?Did Yeezy download a pirated version of synthesiser Serum? The rapper-slash-designer might have revealed too much on Twitter
- My “IFTTT” Approach to Getting More Clients
- List of Writing Websites that Pay Upfront
- How To Improve Your Proofreading Skills
That said, it is quite rare to find a piece of writing that is flawless and free from mistakes – even dictionaries are said to contain mistakes missed by their editorial crew. But if you don’t want to torture your readers, you cannot skip proofreading your posts.
- Design the Web: Creating a Pull Quote with CSS [20-Minute Video]Learn to turn block quotes on your webpage into stylish pull quotes with nothing more that CSS.Tags: CSS WebDesign
- 2 Simple Ways to Keep Your Best Clients for Life
- 3 Creative Ways Publishers & Startups Are Maximizing Mobile