Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 3 November 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- ‘Peter Pan’ Has A Permanent Copyright In the UK
In 1988 when the UK Parliament passed the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act they included a provision specifically granting the Great Ormond Street Hospital a perpetual extension of some of the rights to, and royalties from Peter Pan and adaptations to ensure the wishes of J. M. Barrie were honored and his gift to the hospital continued to serve the children as intended.
- A Digital Publisher Rewrites the RulesThe world of digital publishing changes quickly, but Arthur Klebanoff and his team at RosettaBooks are staying ahead of the trends.Tags: Writing AmWriting selfpub epub
- Pixel And Dimed: On (Not) Getting By In The Gig EconomyFor one month, I became the “micro-entrepreneur” touted by companies like TaskRabbit, Postmates, and Airbnb. Instead of the labor revolution I had been promised, all I found was hard work, low pay, and a system that puts workers at a disadvantage.Tags…
- Why You Should Create Infographic Designs For InstagramInfographic designs are an excellent way to present your data on visual platforms such as Instagram, in order to reach out to the millennial generation.Tags: Infographics Design
- 12 Women Artists Who Revolutionized Print-MakingThis craft used to be a man’s world, but these women changed the game.Tags: Design prepress