Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 30 August 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Personalize Lightroom to Improve Your Brand“This article will show you various places where you can leverage your branding through the Lightroom interface and subsequent output. Though not designed as a how-to on each individual Lightroom operation it should give you an idea of what is …
- Logopedia – A Wiki for Logos and Corporate BrandingLogopedia is a collaborative database for logos and corporate branding. It includes the history of successful company logos, popular branding, and more.
- Six Things Every Designer Should Know About Copyright
“The art & design world has been abuzz lately with copyright issues and, since we’ve been talking a lot here about original and authentic design, I thought it would be helpful to gather some good information about copyright straight from the people who know it best: the lawyers. Here are some helpful tips to read through before you even put pen to paper (or “pencil” to iPad).”
- 10 Cost-Effective Ways to Delight Your Design ClientsThe design industry is highly competitive. There is always someone on your heels waiting to take the next job or to sweep a client out from under you. Being able to retain your clients is essential in this market, and repeat business will be th…
- Unless Designers Intercede, Augmented Reality Could Become the Super Creepy Dating Tool of Tomorrow
“How could designers intervene, helping us meet, greet, and potentially fall in love with a little bit less of a 10 out of 10 predatory vibe? Let’s consider some possibilities around that moment in the video where the two future lovers meet:”
- InDesign CC: Publish OnlinePariah Burke teaches you how to use Publish Online, a distribution medium for InDesign documents for client proofing or widespread distribution. Publish Online operates from within InDesign but with a web component that makes your chosen documents view…