Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 4 October 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 15 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with Dropbox, Like Preview Photoshop & Illustrator FilesReadItLater
- Best Tools for Multi-Author WordPress Site
- Discover the style and substance of typographyReadItLater
- Plagiarism can wreck a writing career: How to avoid it
- 3 Simple Reasons Why You Absolutely Need to Ask for a Deposit
“Next to drafting client agreements, getting a deposit from your clients is one of the most important things you’ll do as a freelance designer.
A lot of new graphic designers make the rookie mistake of being too timid to ask their clients for a deposit.”
- The CEO of a $3.7 billion tech company shares his best advice for 20-somethings
- Always get free airport Wi-Fi with these simple tricks
- Is Apple’s macOS Rebrand More Than Just a Name Change?
- How to tailor your portfolio to different jobs
- Video: Inside the Design of Hoefler & Co.’s Operator Typeface
- 7 Free Apps to Create Memes on Your iPhone or iPad
- Email-Tracking Apps: Helpful or Harmful For Freelance Writers?
- How to Prepare for NaNoWriMo: Your 4-Week Success Plan
- When Children’s Books Spoke Truth to Power
- Crowdfunded Journalism and the Rise of Publicly Driven News
- EXCLUSIVE: The Women Behind The New Bustle On Reinventing “Women’s Media”
- 25 Badass Sites with Free Stock Photos
- How to work non-destructively in Photoshop
“Beside tons of available features Photoshop is simple best image editing software because offers some unique editing options: non-destructive adjustments, non-destructive filters, non-destructive cropping and non-destructive traditional techniques like dodging and burning. In this tutorial I will guide you through those non-destructive editing’s and give you some tips how to use all Photoshop power.”