Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 5 November 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- How to Get Funding to Publish Your Book
- Remember Dan Price of Gravity Payments, who gave his employees a $70,000 minimum wage? Here’s what happened next.Before Dan Price caused a media firestorm by establishing a $70,000 minimum wage at his Seattle company, Gravity Payments … before Hollywood agents, reality-show producers, and book publishers began throwing elbows for a piece of the hip, 31-year-old entrepreneur with the shoulder-length hair and Brad Pitt looks … before Rush Limbaugh called him a socialist and Harvard Business School professors asked to study his radical experiment in paying workers … an entry-level Gravity employee named Jason Haley got really pissed off at him.
- The designer’s guide to self-promotionGet noticed with our expert guide to the self-promo techniques that really work.
- Old graphic design tools pitted against new [Infographic]This fun infographic pits graphic design of the past against the present, and drops some tips along the way.Tags: Design GraphicDesign
- Goodbye Middle Class: 51 Percent Of All American Workers Make Less Than $30,000 Year
You can find the report that the Social Security Administration just released right here. The following are some of the numbers that really stood out for me…
- Universal Principles of DesignA weekly series exploring over 50 core design concepts, from the 80/20 rule to storytelling, all based on Will Lidwell’s landmark design books, Universal Principles of Design.