Design Business Links 11 April 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Walker Is a Zombie Beer Brewed With Real Brains, Needs No Further ExplanationAnnotations:
Ugh, no. Guys, we were asking for, “Graaaaaaaaains…”
- Three Common Freelancing Roadblocks to Avoid“Every freelancer needs to be highly attuned to the health of his or her professional existence, as any long-term success depends on knowing what you’re working on next and when money is coming in. Establishing that long-term success begins wit…
- Wu Tang To Sell Only One Copy Of Next Album, Says It Will Be Like “The Scepter of An Egyptian King”“Quick, everyone think of an equally insane analogy. It will be like…moisturizer made from Pegasus’ tears?”
- How to keep your best clients coming back (three easy tips) | Graphic Design Blender
“But what about those clients that are really awesome? I’m talking about your favorite clients…the ones with fun projects who you really enjoy working with (and pay on time!).
How do you ensure your relationship stays strong?”
- 3 Ways To Get Your Hands On Free Social Analytics Reports
“ccessing quality social media reports can often become a costly endeavor. It’s important to get this data, however, as it can make or break your social profiles as well as change the way you run them.
The websites below give you access to plenty of free reports that will provide insights and further understanding of your social media profiles and pages.”
- See the Designs of the Year 2014“We interview the curator and some of the nominees for this year’s Design Museum prize, across graphic, digital, fashion, furniture, transport and product design and architecture.
- Daylight Saving Time Makes You Lose Sleep And Causes A Bunch Of Heart Attacks
“A paper to be presented at the American College of Cardiology’s 63rd Annual Scientific Session shows that Daylight Saving messes with our bodies’ natural rhythms so thoroughly that there’s a 25% jump in the number of heart attacks the Monday after we change our clocks. Alternately, when we “fall back,” the heart attack rate drops 21% the following Tuesday.
- Wacom’s WILL attempts to standardise stylus input on phones and tablets – News – Digital ArtsWacom has grand designs for a new “graphical language” that, it says, will let you share writing and drawing movements across multiple platforms, with or without one of its trademark stylii.
- 12 tips for creating mobile-friendly websites“We asked dozens of mobile and web design development experts about how to create sites that are optimised for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.. Following are their top 12 tips for creating a mobile-friendly website.
- French employers agree to ban company email after work. Americans freak the hell out.“Four French trade unions and employers’ federations have reached a truce over a much-discussed issue in the modern workplace: the slow creep of email and other online distractions outside traditional work hours. French newspaper Les Echos repo…