Design Business Links 28 March 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Drawing as Literacy
“Imagine if our grade school teachers had compared our early school essays to the work of Steinbeck or Kerouac and suggested we just give it up for lack of talent. We would have a crisis of illiteracy on our hands. However, this is essentially the approach we take with drawing in our children’s’ early education — identifying the “talented” ones and dissuading the rest. I have come to believe that drawing is a fundamental form of literacy and a key to unlock creative modes of thinking.
- Designing User Interfaces for Your Mother“Takeaways for keeping your interface friendly to the friendliest of people you know: your mother.”
- 5 Cool Photoshop Add-Ons for Stickers“Stickers are some of the most versatile print materials on the planet. They can be employed as marketing tools that can be affixed nearly anywhere. They can be fun commemorative photos shared between friends. They can be profitable retail prod…
- Document Geek’s Wish List for Notes in Adobe InDesign
“I would like to see Notes move seamlessly between Adobe products:
There are two plugins that address the issue of Notes in InDesign.”
- Adobe turns marketing cloud up to 11 with massive update, SAP deal, new mobile tools“Adobe just fired a big shot across the bow of enterprise marketing competitors Salesforce, IBM, and Oracle with a huge update to the Adobe Marketing Cloud that sees major changes to almost all of its components.
- Find Out How Much Your Time Is Really Worth with this Calculator“As the old adage goes, time is money. But how much, exactly, is an hour of your time worth to you? When is it worth it to hire help? Is it better to scale down your hours or take on additional work? This tool from Clearer Thinking reveals all …
- These 8 GIFs Are The Most Mesmerising On The Internet“These gives where created by Hungarian graphic designer David Szakaly. He has been creating these magnificent works of art since 1999, when he first started experimenting with Macromedia Flash. These GIFs are absolutely mesmerising. Szakaly wo…
- 5 brilliant microsites and why they’re so effective“What makes a successful microsite? Luke Clum looks at five examples and discusses what makes them effective.
- 10 Useful Web Apps for Designers
“Since the iPhone and iPad entered the market you can hear lots of news about apps for these devices. Tons of apps available today and you can find everything you want. But today I would like to share 10 handy web-based apps for designers. To use these apps you don’t need to buy an iPhone or iPad, you can use them without any additional software or device, you just need a web browser. In this collection I’ve picked 10 useful and time-saving web apps for designers. These will help you to create an invoice, record a video or select a beautiful color combination for your next project.
- The 5 Assumptions That Will Sabotage Your Client Work
“There’s an old business tru-ism that goes something like: “when you assume, you make an ass of you and me.” The expression is especially pertinent to creatives who make incorrect assumptions about client relationships. When we make an assumption, it is often because we are afraid. When it comes to client relationships, sometimes it is easier to keep your head down and keep working. However, these relationships are all about communication.
- The 43 Best Photoshop Plugins“Create amazing images and designs with this selection of the most creative, useful, time-saving and powerful Photoshop plugins available.
- Don’t Let Facebook Shut Down Your Page: Avoid These 4 Loopholes“If you own a business, Facebook wants to make your life miserable.
The ability to reach millions of potential customers for free has caused businesses large and small to flock to Facebook. Initially, the social media giant welcomed businesses …
- How to create pixel-perfect web graphics with Adobe Illustrator and Kuler“Web designer and illustrator Matt Hamm reveals how to combine Kuler with Illustrator to create harmonious web graphics that scale crisply.
- 10 Of The Most Important Photographs In History
“The invention of photography has allowed mankind to document a lot of historic moments throughout our time on Earth. Some show us how far we have come as a species, while others make us remember the moments that we’d rather forget.”