Design Business Links 9 April 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Checkboxes and radio buttons customization (jQuery and Zepto) plugin
“SUPER CUSTOMIZED CHECKBOXES AND RADIO BUTTONS FOR JQUERY & ZEPTO”
- Garamond v Garamond | Physiology of a typeface“By backwards, the accomplished work of hundreds of craftsmen of alphabetic forms who have strived for centuries to better writing and its legibility. We then have two schools of thought, two methods of approaching typographic critique, and one…
- Typography rules and terms that every designer must know“Every designer needs to understand typography. We explain the fundamental concepts and terminology in words that you can understand.
- The Museum of Forgotten Art Supplies
“Welcome, artists and aficionados alike, to the brand new home of The Museum of Forgotten Art Supplies, where tools of the trade that have died or have just about died a slow death are cheerfully exhibited — as well as those that perhaps don’t get invited out to dinner as much as they used to!
The Museum now features more fun than you deserve, and, of course, over 500 images of art supply artifacts, all contributed by visitors like you! As always, your comments are appreciated and most welcome.”
- Man uses Twitter account to trick English town into believing he’s the mayorTags:
- 6 Super-Useful Chrome Extensions for Web and UI Designers
“Today we’re going to look at some of the most useful Chrome extensions for designers. I am not writing about the Web Developer and Firebug add-ons that are emblematic for Firefox as they’ve been well covered elsewhere.
I’m also going to avoid the add-ons I reviewed in the 6 Great Firefox Extensions for Designers article, too. Not all of them are available for Chrome, but the ones that do include are: ColorZilla, YSlow, Open With (only Firefox and no Mac OS version).”
- Artist rents billboards to publicly shame texting drivers in San Francisco“Brian Singer, a San Francisco-based designer and employee at a well-known social media company, decided to take the problem into his own hands, and created his own anti-texting campaign. The website Texting While in Traffic (TWIT) hosts photos…
- More Trademark Overreaching: Google Tries to Trademark the Word “Glass”, Fails #IP #TM
“Google, which has successfully trademarked the term “Google Glass,” submitted an application last year for a trademark on just the single word “Glass,” displayed with the same futuristic font used in its marketing campaign. But the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is holding up the company’s bid.
- How To Filter Your Gmail Like a Pro“While some of the filters are very straightforward, below you’ll see several tips and tricks to on how to filter your messages like a pro.