Today in Design – Top Articles RoundUp 27 May 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Go beyond plain EPUB in InDesign. New video course by Pariah BurkeIn this course you will go beyond creating text-only EPUBs. Pariah Burke will start off by helping you convert print book layouts to ebook, specifying story and imagery order through different means. Next you will learn how to format and include cover…
- The Origins of ABC – WHERE DOES OUR ALPHABET COME FROM?We see it every day on signs, billboards, packaging, in books and magazines; in fact, you are looking at it now — the Latin or Roman alphabet, the world’s most prolific, most widespread abc. Typography is a relatively recent invention, but to unearth the origins of alphabets, we will need to travel much farther back in time, to an era contemporaneous with the emergence of (agricultural) civilisation itself.
- How To Use Pinterest Effectively (And Avoid Crazy Nail Art)Learn how to use Pinterest effectively, even though it may not seem possible at first glance. Here’s how.Tags: Pinterest
- How much revenue do ebooks earn versus hardcover and paperback?
- Cisco Developing Cloud-Based Virtual Meeting Rooms
Sixty-six percent of the 200 event organizers who participated in Meeting Professionals International’s second-quarter Meetings Outlook survey this year indicated they expected a year-over-year increase in virtual attendance, and more than half of the respondents indicated their organizations were using virtual and hybrid technology to enhance in-person meetings or incorporate onsite and remote event elements.
- Making a career in graphic designGraphic design is a career for innovators. Designers need the ability to think laterally and consider new ways to address problems and turn them into designs which will be recognised and remembered. There are a wide range of career opportunities acros…
- The Simple, Super-Sexy Way to Improve Your Writing Skills