Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 28 October 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Avoid Issues By Saving Your Artwork Properly In InDesign For Printing
“Adding bleeds from the start, BEFORE YOU EVEN START, is crucial. Think about it, you’re working on a 200+ page catalog and then you find out you have to go back and extend the bleed of every single object in every single page!! I really think if that happened to me I’d be Keanu-level bummed…”
- 12 Most Striking Tendencies of Creative PeopleEver wonder what makes those wacky, creative types tick? How is it that some people seem to come up with all kinds of interesting, original work while the rest of us trudge along in our daily routines?
Creative people are different because they…
- Notification Overload: Best Practices for Designing Notifications with Respect for Users
- What Is the Dark Web?
- Why we need to plan for a future without jobs – Vox
- How An iOS Sticker App Made $34,000 In 10 Days
- The Anti-Helicopter Parent’s Plea: Let Kids Play!
- How to start building an email list in 4 easy steps
- Photoshop tutorial: Vintage photo effects – create a 1940s and 1950s film noir photo
- Kerning on the Web
- Save The Heroic CEO Stories, Research Suggests They’re Not Effective
- How to Get Adobe Color CC Swatches Into Illustrator
- Secrets of the Top Editors
- Your Personal Brand: Give Yourself An Audit“If I said to you “what is the first thing you think about when I mention Donald Trump”, what would you say? Now do the same for Hugh Hefner? How about Miley Cyrus? Oprah?”
- Photoshop tutorial: Shading techniques to add colour, highlights and shadows to artwork
- 12 Secret Ways Quickly Increase Speed of Your WordPress Site
- 3 Ways to Structure Your Freelance Services Webpage
- What Happened When I Dressed Up To Work From Home For A Week
- 7 ways to fight work-related depression (an infographic)